TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › re: it's only an emoticon, China!
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2015-07-19
Re re: it's only an emoticon, China!

While they may possess wealth, a good number of them unfortunately still lack character and are prone to falling for the hive mindset that mainlanders take for granted. The cult of conformity which has been built in for thousands of years still hasn't been quite overcome. I learned this from more recent dealings with Taiwanese.

#2 Parent Sharp - 2015-07-16

Not the Chinese mainlanders’ but Taiwanese standard of living would be compromised there. Next time you give your “wumao” think (or read carefully) what you are giving it for. Anyways, you just gave a mao, so don’t expect much in exchange.

#3 Parent Sharp - 2015-07-16

Taiwanese are unarguably wealthy, although their economy isn’t growing. Many business people from the island exploit low labor costs and flexible regulations on mainland China as well as the fact they mostly are treated as compatriots there. The politicians in Taiwan wouldn’t want this otherwise, since it would pretty much compromise the economy of Taiwan. Switching from Honda Civic to BMW SUV is more acceptable than the other way around, isn’t it?

#4 Parent San Migs - 2015-07-15

Weak economy? Taiwan is in the top 20 wealthiest countries on earth, thanks to having their own silicon valley. China sits down with Iran or Romania or some other hellhole in comparison, I don't go off national economy but living standards and costs as a whole. China is positively third world compared to HK, Macau, and Taiwan. All prosperous countries with good education and healthcare. And before the wumaos start, HK and Macau , have their own flags, internet domain, police and currency and customs. That's good enough for me!!!!

#5 Parent XTC - 2015-07-15

iPeople's living standard and safety matter greatly for politicians in offices.

Not on the Chinese mainland, you wumao!

Anyways, following flags is a mug's game!

#6 Parent Sharp - 2015-07-15

Not "a real flag" but it may as well be one day if Chinese stay "cool" about it. This kind of a soap opera most often comes down to the powers of money and armies. People's living standard and safety matter greatly for politicians in offices. That said, i see Taiwan falling to mainland China for its weak economy and unequal military power. However, if there were a light on the end of this tunnel, i'd stand happily corrected then.

San Migs - 2015-07-12
re: it's only an emoticon, China!

http://qz.com/449248/apple-now-supports-the-taiwan-flag-emoji-risking-a-backlash-from-china/

Dear China, please keep cool, no need to get upset. It's not a real flag:-)

Return to Index › re: it's only an emoticon, China!

Go to another board -