TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › NYT article "The Revolt Against Tourism" mentions behavior of Chinese tourists abroad
#1 Parent martin hainan - 2015-07-25
Re NYT article "The Revolt Against Tourism" mentions behavior of Chinese tourists abroad

It has been my observation that BEFORE marriage young Western men have many more lovers than young Chinese men. AFTER marriage, however, Chinese men, in my limited observations, appear to be much more promiscuous than Western married men. This is not a matter of morality; the repercussions for infidelity in the West are punitive and the sex industry is marginalized. In China, previous generations of Chinese women have turned their eyes away from their husband's philandering and when publicly exposed to infidelity have blamed the 'other woman'. And the well-established Chinese sex industry provides easy access for men of all economic levels.

My female college students insist they will not be as tolerant as their mothers. That remains to be seen. Divorce rates and changes in matrimonial asset distribution laws will likely determine future male behavior in China.

#2 Parent cool max - 2015-07-25
Re NYT article "The Revolt Against Tourism" mentions behavior of Chinese tourists abroad

I have an older Chinese GF ,but she is great, gives me good massage and BJ. Chinese men are mostly stupid, just have one woman their whole life and waste all their money on her.

#3 Parent San Migs - 2015-07-22

If you have the qualifucations and visa, don't get too cocky young fellow my lad!!!!

#4 Parent John - 2015-07-22

Nothing has changed much, I still make 5 times more money than my coworkers and still bang more girls in a year than Chinese dudes can expect in their lifetime :D

#5 Parent Sharp - 2015-07-20

China's building up its own society, away from the rest of the world, for a while. Pissing/spitting/picking nose/smoking/loud talking anywhere and staring/asking personal questions/singling out outsiders are social standards. Areas in China are often isolated socially, and whatever the locals do, eat or say is, to them, preceived as the way the world is. Chinese education doesn't challenge the country's social issues for the leadership fears of repercussions. In any case, have a close look at who travels out of China, and then see the problem; those travellers often are the richer and "better educated" Chinese who have what it takes to spread their seeds of social etiquete around the globe. The fact is that it still isn't easy for a regular Chinese to get a passport, and then a visa to Australia, Britain or the US; moreover it isn't troublesome to generate so much cash out of the local salaries either. To change all this, we'd have to send Chinese back to their 1960s-1970s, and then ask Teng Xiao Ping for some assurances (on the paper) that when the borders open, it will really have to be a two-way exchange.

#6 Parent San Migs - 2015-07-20

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/1838607/chinese-airline-passenger-threatened-and-assaulted-attendant

At this rate they will leapfrog the French and Russians in terms of arrogance, if they have not already.

Curious - 2015-07-20
NYT article "The Revolt Against Tourism" mentions behavior of Chinese tourists abroad

Although the revolt against mass tourism by locals does not apply only to Chinese tourists, the Chinese tourists often have a reputation that corresponds to what some of the posters on this board complain about in the smaller cities or rural provinces of China.

In Asia, alarm has centered on Chinese tourists; there are more of them than from any other nation. China began loosening severe travel restrictions only about 25 years ago, and the rapid rise of the middle class has sent curious — but often naïve, rude or even destructive — visitors throughout Southeast Asia.

In Thailand a Chinese tourist was recently caught on video ringing and kicking sacred bells at a Buddhist temple as if he was in a game arcade.

There have been reports of Chinese tourists littering beaches and even defecating in public. One tourist even opened the door of an airplane, as it prepared for takeoff, reportedly to get fresh air. The Chinese government responded by promising to set up a tourist black list to ban notorious known offenders from traveling overseas for up to two years.

Return to Index › NYT article "The Revolt Against Tourism" mentions behavior of Chinese tourists abroad

Go to another board -