TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Why I love Chinese managers
#1 Parent San Migs - 2015-08-26
Re Why I love Chinese managers

Thank you, the penny has dropped

#2 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-08-26

It's certainly not you, he posted photos and that Fifi GW poster all of a sudden started to take a liking to an alcoholic looking old man riding in the back of a San Lun Che.

#3 Parent San Migs - 2015-08-25

You can get two different responses on two different days, with those kinds of regulations.

that is EXACTLY why it is frustrating. There is no transparency. Just like noone has confirmed or denied, do you need the CRC for the Shanghai visa, presumably you do, but at the same time it may not be necessary?

True, but that degree stuff can cause problems, if you are expected to get transcripts, notified copies posted out to China?

Who is the poster with a farmer for a wife? Can't be me, I don't even have a wife?

#4 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-08-24

You can get two different responses on two different days, with those kinds of regulations.

They're apparently checking degrees for authenticity whereas they didn't used to in the past. That's a good thing, everybody on this board apart from one idiot of a member with a farmer for a wife will have nothing to fear from that.

#5 Parent San Migs - 2015-08-24

As am I.

#6 Parent San Migs - 2015-08-24

Some police officers just ask for a signed statement that you don't have a criminal record apparently.
I seriously doubt that is what Beijing would have wanted.

I had to do that at Nanjing but in the end it turned out to be not enough.

#7 Parent LaowaiLaowei - 2015-08-24

I know, I gave then already. I am totally legit.

#8 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-08-24

The definition or interpretation can vary. Some police officers just ask for a signed statement that you don't have a criminal record apparently.
I seriously doubt that is what Beijing would have wanted.

#9 Parent San Migs - 2015-08-23

You are wrong, Zhejiang province amongst others, requires the crc.

#10 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-08-23

That's true, but there's always a political incident which leads to the central government breathing down the necks of local cops, now and again.

If you can somehow get friendly with a local cop though, that can help quite a lot.

#11 Parent LaowaiLaowei - 2015-08-23

It's not like visa rules are strictly enforced in China, especially in second tier cities like mine.

#12 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-08-23

Risky business though. I've done it but it's not good to be so open about it with flyers imo.

I'd suggest getting a uni job, then doing your side business.

#13 Parent LaowaiLaowei - 2015-08-23

Yeah I don't about Vietnam but in China they cheerfully poop on supply and demand rules. The demand for Foreign Teachers probably outweigh the supply by 10 to 1 and yet they keep offering miserable salaries, treat their teachers like unwanted commodities even though no FT means no business for them.

The trick is to eliminate the middle man (the school) and find your own students. I pay a visa agent once a year to get a legit Z and I teach classes of 10 in my apartment, I charge my students peanuts in comparison yet I earn at least 4 times what the highest paying international schools in the country are willing to offer while teaching half as many hours. No dumb incompetent managers, no office hours Now tell me, why would I even consider working with these people?

Finding students in China is a cakewalk, print some flyers with a photo of yourself and tape them around your district, you will have more students than you can handle in no time.

#14 Parent Nova - 2015-08-22

Give him a few days. He hasn't even started goofing up simple tasks and blaming you for all of his bungles :b .

To be fair, while Vietnam is better than China in every way imaginable (I realize that this is a low bar to reach), my management is also doing the same to me...at my completely replaceable part time job. These people just expect me to have hours free for orientations, teacher observations, fiddling around on their computer system, exc...which is annoying enough for a part time job. Payment is out of the question.

I love how these training school operations are always desperately low on teachers to cover their classes, but treat the teachers they do have like cogs in factory machine who's solitary existence is to churn out cash. Somehow, they never connect the dots.

WhatAJoke - 2015-08-22
Why I love Chinese managers

Contract starts on September 1st, Tuesday. Employer wants me to be there on Saturday 29th and Monday 31st of August, of course my first reaction was "will I get paid for these two extra days?", blank stares, subtle drop in friendliness. This is China :b

Return to Index › Why I love Chinese managers

Go to another board -