TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Leviticus
#1 Parent martin hainan - 2015-09-05
Re Leviticus

Greg Mavrides , a fellow american to you, wrote about it .

FTs and expats in china from the same country are competitive, that is a fact, bud!

I consider Greg my friend. He is the only male human being that I have shared an electric-bike seat with.

I admire his work and I wish him success in his life. I believe he feels the same.

Unless one of us is delusional about our country of birth, I must dispute your generalization.

Greg, as a psychologist, would be happy to discuss with you the nature of "personal construct" ideation.

Emotions based upon your experiences in China are natural. Using these emotions and finite experiences to compose personal 'theories' about a nation and it's people is also common human behavior. It is not, however, empirical knowledge. "Fact", in your vocabulary.

My one experience bouncing in the Hainan sun behind Greg on a motorbike, as disturbing as it was for me, does not give me adequate data to pontificate on two wheel Chinese transportation vehicles or male bonding proximity.

My work experience with dozens of FTs from the United States is inadequate data for me to characterize FT behavior. And certainly my ten years in China is inadequate for me to judge the Chinese people, their ancient culture, and the nation that they are feverishly creating.

I am consistently appalled by the limits of my knowledge. But I struggle daily to recognize those limitations and communicate within their parameters.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2015-09-04
Re Leviticus

Greg Mavrides , a fellow american to you, wrote about it .

FTs and expats in china from the same country are competitive, that is a fact, bud!

#3 Parent martin hainan - 2015-09-04
Re Leviticus

lets just agree that FTs from the same country as each other can never get along in China.

I have many FT friends in China that are United State citizens. And I'm not a very sociable guy.
The use of "agreements" and personal experience to generalize about human behavior is the basis for much human suffering.

#4 Parent San Migs - 2015-09-03
Re Leviticus

To be honest, respectfully, I would rather leave it here with you. Your last statement shows you are still rather defensive, lets just agree that FTs from the same country as each other can never get along in China.

Return to Index › Re Leviticus

Go to another board -