TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: TutorABC Direct
#1 Parent Diana - 2016-11-11
Re: TutorABC Direct

I'm sorry but you sound like you work for ABC tutoring behind the scenes. Nothing about what you said is true. I've had four low scores the whole time I work there all related to IT problems and I've asked each one to be removed with evidence twice each and none have been removed they don't respond to anything yet I send them any suggestion that you can or they treat you like crap and they pay you nothing you are doing a disservice when you write a blog post like that because what you're saying is not true

#2 Parent TutorAbc Consultant - 2016-07-07

Sorry, Ive never worked a job where I got recognition for doing my job.

Fast food employees make 12 an hour where you live?

About the ratings, I generally always get 9s and 10s. Yes, sometimes I have a student who rates me low, but I file it as unfair and THEY HAVE ALWAYS REMOVED IT

I explained to my superviser when they introduced the requires mandatory hours, that I just can't possibly do it. They let me worm whatever hours I want without following that requirement.

I enjoy my job with them, and have been able to start writing lesson plans which pay quite nice.

If you are expecting some cheese fest job that is "easy" this isnt it. I work hard to earn my bonuses, write lesson plans, and make sure all students are satisified.

Also, they have been extremely nice towards me, had power outages, no problem classes canceled no punishments. Was getting classes where they expectes me tobe fluent in Mandarin, explained the situation, the apologized and fixed it.

I would suggest them to anyone who is willing to work hard.

For refrence , I also lived and taught in China... I find this way easier.

#3 Parent Janice Lieberman - 2015-09-11

In response to those who wonder about working for TUTORABC as a consultant. I have been working for them for several years now (am looking for other options) and here is my review of this company:

The main reason for working for this company as an online consultant would be the convenience of working from home and having some flexibiilty in setting a work schedule.

However, I have never worked for a worse company than this when it comes to valuing its employees.

In the time I have worked for this company:
- I have not received any personal acknowledgement for my accomplishments, except form letters for achieving higher numbers of sessions taught.
- The company pays fast-food worker wages, but wants native speakers of English, preferably professionals who are willing to work for a low base rate, but receive "bonuses" based on the whims and fancies of the students, who can give you any rating they want, without explanation. This equals a professional working for tips.
- The company does not give annual wage increases nor any other benefits, whether regular or performance-based.
- They are constanty adding more and more conditions and requirements for their consultants with no corresponding compensation (including now having to work a minimum number of hours on the weekends and during peak hours).
-They do not provide any forums or means of establishing contact with other consultants (I suspect because they do not want to facilitate an uprising or mass resignation). Each consultant is entirely isolated from management and colleagues.

I would not recommend this company to anyone who considers him/herself a valuable, experienced professional. You will not be appreciated for what you are!

Return to Index › Re: TutorABC Direct

Go to another board -