TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Foreign Teachers' Black list by SAFEA in China
#1 Parent Dragonized - 2015-11-08
Re Foreign Teachers' Black list by SAFEA in China

I myself was put on this blacklist years back for breaching a contract in a small midwestern province in China. Looking back now, I can say that I turned that into a positive experience as that was a light which shone on the dead culture that is called China.

I was repeatedly taken to places outside of the agreed working jurisdiction as stipulated in the contract, physically forced to teach extra classes without getting paid for them, and made to produce media material that was sold to students without getting paid extra for that (there was also nothing in the official contract which stated I must agree to participate in to be published material for free).

The true question is: Why would any sensible employer in any civilized place in this world care about you getting put on some arbitrarily defined "blacklist" which originates in a country with no morals or ethical standards whatsoever, and the local people even admit this proudly? If anything, they would see that as a positive on your part for exercising moral judgement for not working under small minded barbarians.

Only losers would see this "blacklist" as some kind of taint on your reputation. If my post pulls out responses from a couple more of them, then all the better.

Return to Index › Re Foreign Teachers' Black list by SAFEA in China

Go to another board -