TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › I've often wondered that myself - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Rheno747 - 2006-06-29
I've been thinking of doing that - Teachers Discussion

I teach at a college that's near a major uni, and I'm thinking of making up some flyers to put up around there. I'd probably charge about 5 bucks an hour per individual up to 5 individuals. 6 and above would get charged around 7. I want to discourage the "huge-anic" groups. I wouldn't want to tutor what would be more or less a class in all but name.

#2 Parent Robin Day B.Sc. M.Sc. B.Ed. - 2006-06-29
Rheno: Private Tutor - Teachers Discussion

Rheno you must know the song "I did it my way!"

That's where I see you in the near future. Rent a room somewhere you like. Fit it out the way you want and tutor in groups or singly. Cut out the middlemen and do it your way. You can teach English and ESL and even math to kids anywhere in the world as long as your visa lasts. Then rent the room to another teacher when you are not using it. Teaching kids one-on-one is way different than in groups you know. Anyway, my 2 cents worth.

#3 Parent Rheno747, B.A., M.A., PhD, Hard Knocks U - 2006-06-28
I've often wondered that myself - Teachers Discussion

I've wondered that myself a lot.

"Does it really matter what we post here?"

Do new folks actually follow our advice? Will someone with only five bucks in his pocket read a post here and then decide NOT to go to South Korea based on that post, or will he charge right on to Seoul anyway?

Will someone avoid the pitfalls of a bad contract after coming here, or will he end up getting ripped anyway?

I think most of those who are bent on going overseas are going to do that regardless of what we post. Many of those will run into the spider webs we warn them about, even after they read our warnings.

Maybe this website really IS just a big ol' waste of time like my new colleague here is telling me daily.

Return to Index › I've often wondered that myself - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -