TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re re: immigration and canada, and possibly the west
#1 Parent John O'Shei - 2015-11-29
Re re: immigration and canada, and possibly the west

Even ethnically Chinese people admit that mainland China has a very long way to go...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2015/01/29/taipeis-fiery-new-mayor-knows-whose-culture-is-best/

#2 Parent San Migs - 2015-11-29

The point is, it's 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other.

Lets look at those foreigners who live in china with chinese wives and chinese businesses ( and I am not singling anyone out here, btw!).

They generally do not get permanent residency nor a state pension or any benefits conferred.

Yet in Spain, a chinese person buys a house, they get a spanish (EU) passport and then are able to claim benefits after X amount of years, move family members over, and they too can get residency. Now tell me which country is the most racist? Yet Chinese in spain still claim of racism.....the mind boggles!!! And like chinese don't whisper "laowai, laowai" or overcharge foreigners all the time. I saw some chinese guys at a restaurant rub a nigerian guys arm in amazement, as though he was dirty and his skin was like that because he did not wash. Imagine if europeans/westerners ( and they don't!) were to make slitty eyes with their fingers or shout "ni hao!!" loudly across the street, or ask why is your skin yellow, or other inane nonsense....yep, a long time before china will join the great countries of the world, a very long time.

#3 Parent Caring - 2015-11-28

And yet those hated are able to buy their way to our lands through varieties of channels. Aren't "so many people" disgracefully corrupt?

Return to Index › Re re: immigration and canada, and possibly the west

Go to another board -