TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Teacher responses needed for research
#1 Parent The Trader - 2015-12-22
Re Teacher responses needed for research

I suggest it is the word 'rude' that, not surprisingly, you are failing to consider. "Merely rude" for most people is not equivalent to "quite alright".

Well you are saying, only rude.

#2 Parent martin hainan - 2015-12-22

Because you have used the word merely, the sentence means it's no big deal and it's quite
alright to ask for assistance without identification. Be careful selecting words.

I suggest it is the word 'rude' that, not surprisingly, you are failing to consider. "Merely rude" for most people is not equivalent to "quite alright".

#3 Parent The Trader - 2015-12-22

"ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED IS ANONYMOUS AND WILL BE USED FOR A UNIVERSITY RESEARCH."
Anonymity for respondents may be routine research methodology, but anonymity for researchers is suspect.
Requests for assistance without identification is merely rude.

Because you have used the word merely, the sentence means it's no big deal and it's quite alright to ask for assistance without identification. Be careful selecting words. What about this? This would be okay:- 'No that's no problem, i merely wanted to know if you were coming too'

#4 Parent martin hainan - 2015-12-22

"ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED IS ANONYMOUS AND WILL BE USED FOR A UNIVERSITY RESEARCH."
Anonymity for respondents may be routine research methodology, but anonymity for researchers is suspect.
Requests for assistance without identification is merely rude.

Evita Kalnina - 2015-12-21
Teacher responses needed for research

Dear teachers,

Could I ask for your time to fill in a short questionnaire about classroom management you use in everyday teaching? It will be used for University research purposes.

Thank you in advance,
A fellow teacher

Return to Index › Teacher responses needed for research

Go to another board -