TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Living in Thailand:
#1 Parent San Migs - 2016-02-13
Re Living in Thailand:

I will respond in my usual breaking it down fashion, old school it may be, but it's just my style, and here was me saying I would stop posting....this response will be my last post for the foreseeable future, some family problems and other matters to deal with urgently.

I doubt it and why should they?

Lets just agree to disagree here, we both have very differing opinions on this issue, perhaps related to our differences in education, age, wealth and life experiences and so on.

Indeed, including private health insurance. Pensions have to be earned through work even if
the employer contributes, or paying (in the UK) National Insurance contributions.

I've not met one elderly FT in China with private health insurance, but maybe Thailand is different. I heard about a guy who was 70 in China with no health insurance and pension and no job (due to his age) with a Chinese wife. Not a situation anyone would want to find themselves in, I am sure you will agree. HK at least, has the mpf which is kind of like savings if you leave, or goes towards a pension of sorts if you stay.

My concern would be the security of the deposited sum in the bank. If for some reason the
visa was cancelled, I just wonder how easy it would be to get hold of the money
deposited.

Given the sneaky nature of the Thai government that would be my concern too. Then I have no desire to even visit that country so appalling and cold is their government, people and police force.

I honestly don't know much about this topic and was just
responding to the comments that seemed to imply it was all straightforward.

Me too, and I was NOT targeting you or expecting you to know everything. I doubt it is very straightforward however, and will bow out by reiterating what I posted about China a very short while back. I do not believe in extended expatriation, and now, retiring in a NON EU or western country like Thailand.Anyone who does so, deserves what could happen to them, especially if they have no money.

Good luck CL in China.

SMGS

Return to Index › Re Living in Thailand:

Go to another board -