TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re TESOL help!!
#1 Parent martin hainan - 2016-03-10
Re TESOL help!!

People don't want to listen to advice from older more experienced FT's in China when it comes
to visas it seems.

I suspect that the significant increase in unfilled 'teaching' positions in China, both in public schools and training centers, is partially a result of informed readers of this and other teacher forums finally choosing to ignore the Siren's Song of recruiters seducing them to arrive in China with only a tourist visa in their hands.

#2 Parent San Migs - 2016-03-10
Re TESOL help!!

People don't want to listen to advice from older more experienced FT's in China when it comes to visas it seems. I know you are right, and that the HK Visa run is far from guaranteed, it may depend on the mood of the officer that day, to the look of your face, or colour of your skin. I do KNOW it is not worth the GAMBLE at all.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if one was to fail in their quest for a z visa in hong kong, what then? Would the employer pay for the return to ones own country, or lost costs and time incurred in HK due to being unsuccessful? We know the answer to that one.

Cheers,
SMGS

Return to Index › Re TESOL help!!

Go to another board -