TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Enough is enough
#1 Parent amused - 2016-03-20
Re Of "Blanket condemnation" and irresponsibility

1) Any teacher who
is

Any teacher/ A teacher who..... may be/ can be...

#2 Parent BG Stephens - 2016-03-20
Of "Blanket condemnation" and irresponsibility

I'm glad you brought "blanket condemnation" to the fore sir. Let me give some example of China's blanket condemnation:

1) Any teacher who does not have "original documents" is condemned to deportation or Z visa refusal by China.
2) Any teacher who pushes student participation or academic performance is condemned by China.
3) Any teacher who files a complaint with either the Public Security Bureau (PSB) or at the official government level is IN FACT condemned by China.
4) Any teacher who had been the subject of a "door knock" by the police has been condemned and deported by China AFTER detainment.
5) Any teacher who is more popular than the Chinese head teacher in a school is condemned by the school and therefore China. (First hand witnessed).
6) Any country that protests Chinese bullying tactics anywhere in the world is condemned by China.
7) Any free thinking Chinese citizen is IN FACT condemned by China.
8) Any person spreading the "word of God" in China is IN FACT condemned by China.
9) China can condemn any person they feel is undermining the vague and ambiguously broad rules regarding the "State".

It is irresponsible to call your collective a "Union" when by first hand witness accounts your are not a functioning union.

http://www.eslteachersboard.com/cgi-bin/forum/index.pl?read=94094;hl=china%20foreign%20teachers%20union

While it is very nice that your site offers information regarding nefarious or "good" recruiters, companies, or schools. Your approach is very passive in that someone would have to actually know about your vigilante group and your website in order for it to be of any help to themselves. Also I have personally interviewed three teachers who openly contacted your collective, asked for help with details, and had been heinously abused and threatened by their former employers. Your groups response was hmmmmmm to ask for evidence that would never be able to be produced. Also glaringly lacking from your blacklist is Niu Chen and his horrific recruiting company CZZ China, CZZEducationtong, and many other abominable outfits. I suggest that before you "label" someone's efforts as irresponsible make sure you and your groups actions are ACTUALLY responsible AND proactive.

#3 Parent Bruce G - 2016-03-19
Re Enough is enough

As the founder of the China Foreign Teachers' Union, I am shocked that someone would put out a blanket condemnation for all of China.

It would destroy the union!

It is irresponsible!

#4 Parent BG Stephens - 2016-03-18
Enough is enough

Dr. Stephens to Dr. Turjakuunnen as someone who has been close to official offices in Beijing I'm sorry sir I have to agree with the Watchers. While Beijing has been targeting teachers for about four years nothing has been done to stop teacher abuse or promote safety in China. NONE of the embassies for ANY country will rescue or help teachers from their countries. And the "crap schools" and nefarious recruiters are still popping up every day. The Chinese simply won't make any effort and are just more than willing to blame teachers from any country. It's not one area but actually in fact ALL of China. I respect your work and intelligence but on this one we'll have to agree to disagree.

Return to Index › Enough is enough

Go to another board -