TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Evergreen Christian School - S. Korea - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent Frank - 2006-07-17
and I say... - Teachers Discussion

...and I say "Amen" for Raoul Duke, the koolest kat in China, whose postings never fail to enlighten and entertain me! Thanks for the wisdom and the wicked wise cracks!

Keep those blessings coming brother!

#2 Parent Raoul Duke - 2006-07-17
Amen - Teachers Discussion

Good stuff, Frank.

If you aren't a fervent Christian (devout OR devoted), then you probably don't want a job in a Christian school. You will just hate each other so much.

#3 Parent Frank - 2006-07-16
a few suggestions... - Teachers Discussion

Oculis,

I have NO IDEA about Evergreen School as I live and teach in mainland China. Do you consider yourself to be a "devout (not devoted) Christian"? If not, my suggestion is to keep looking at other positions elsewhere.

Also, if you could copy the Evergreen ad to your next posting, it would help your fellow posters to possibly detect other problems, or beneficial features of the school.

As I say to anyone considering a position, always ask LOTS of questions, and get LOTS of answers. If schools/managers/administrators/agents don't want to supply requested information, avoid ithe place.

Also, don't accept responses like "Sure, sure, no problem" as an adequate answer, and get answers/additional info in writing (in email, and ultimately added to or revised in the contract). Don't let answers and agreements remain verbal. If there's disagreement later, they will conveniently "forget" any verbal pledges.

Good luck to you!

Oculis - 2006-07-16
Evergreen Christian School - S. Korea - Teachers Discussion

Considering taking a postion at their school in Cheongwon(Near Cheongju city). Can anyone give me info about that particular school or Evergreen in general? A little concerned because their ad offers lots and you must be a "devoted christian".

Return to Index › Evergreen Christian School - S. Korea - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -