TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Residence permit
#1 Parent San Migs - 2016-04-10
Re over and out

Thought you only had one girl, unless you are the bloke from newcastle. Or it could be, just could be, that all you write is a great work of fiction or some art experiment.

#2 Parent Caring - 2016-04-09
Re over and out

Like you said, RPs are issued based on where wives reside (Hukou). Little is needed to get the stamp in your passport, expect that you need the red book (local marriage booklet) and to be registered with the local PSB in the area which means that you have to have an address.t

Over and Out
Caring

#3 Parent Diggory - 2016-04-08
over and out

No need to take her to China Town because we have a wealth of Chinese in our locality. We even go to the Chinese club toddler group once a week as we have twin boys. My wife largely ignores the other Chinese on account of them being Cantonese and she looks at her High-Pod while I feed the boys and then help them with their games.

Not going to get any information and support from this curious site so this will be my last message. I think though I have solved the problem and will fly out straight from Newcastle to Taiyuan, if you can do that directly. We will stay in a hotel and wait for our RP's and then go on to Yuncheng and stay with her family until we find a suitable apartment to buy. The sooner the better as her parents are about half my age and disapprove of me. Ageist swine!!

#4 Parent Caring - 2016-04-08
Residence permit

If I were you, I'd stay put and get my woman to the Chinatown where she'd meet her kind of friends. Perhaps, she'd find a meaningful job there too.

Diggory - 2016-04-07
Residence permit

I met my wife a a good few years ago when myself and a several other retired friends at the local bowls club got all adventurous and visited China. Within a year of several visits to China we got married. Another couple of stressful years and I brought her home to the UK. Now don't get me wrong, I shouldn't complain because she remains passionate in bed, but she does spend most of her days, all day long, glaring at her HighPod, which isn't healthy for a young lady, and I can't get a word out of her- she won't work.

To cut a long story short, I feel she is homesick, so we are going to live in China. I understand, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that I can arrive on a holiday visa and then approach the PSB, or PSV for a residents permit of two years. Her home-town is Yuncheng but I think it may be too small to have a PSB and I will need to go to TaiYuan the capital city? If that's the case we could fly there directly, pick up the RP and then go on to Yuncheng and buy an apartment. Is this the way to do things? We touch down somewhere in China at the end of May. Thanks in advance for any advice. Diggory. PS, it's not essential but at 83 will they give me work teaching? For something to do you understand.

Return to Index › Residence permit

Go to another board -