TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re British teacher killed in China
#1 Parent paul fox - 2016-04-16
Re British teacher killed in China

I heard he was selling, but I could be wrong. One of the major differences in China when it comes to buying/selling property is the fact it's not the seller who pays the agents fees, it's the buyer.
In the west, when we sell a house, we take into account the agents' commission when we agree on a selling price for the property. In China, the seller doesn't give a rat's ass about this, because the buyer not only pays for the property, but also has to pay the agent, (if there is one).

#2 Parent Paul Greene - 2016-04-15

Yes, indeed! As for having a son "out of wedlock" with a laowai, that really means nothing in China these days, even less so in HK. Chinese women are neither "conservative" or "traditional". Why some people still push this stereotype, it's beyond me!

#3 Parent San Migs - 2016-04-15

Yes, you do not have to be Poirot to smell a rat. Some collusion going on, thats for sure. I read about the property deal, was he selling or buying though?

#4 Parent paul fox - 2016-04-15

I read that it took his girlfriend 7 days to report him missing. Apparently he was about to do a property deal worth 10 mill
As for the gf, hmmmmm, Chinese, 6 year old son with a 'laowai' and out of 'wedlock'?

I know where I would start looking.................

#5 Parent Caring - 2016-04-14

The case is suspicious for it took long to report him missing and his death. His girlfriend may have hit the jackpot as there's quite a bit of money she seems to be collecting. Anyhow, it's sad that some people's lives end up in such ways.

Return to Index › Re British teacher killed in China

Go to another board -