TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Dangerous Love
#1 Parent Caring - 2016-04-22
Re Dangerous Love

Even with a polite approach to you, one may get a rude response. You truly are a piece of work.

Doctor replied:
Why the hell should I care what you think regarding this point?
I think it's because you are replying to me and backpedaling in your words below.

Doctor followed with his reply:
Events like the Great Famine were in the Chinese Press when I was a student and we read these texts in their Chinese original in the seminars at our Department. They may have been a "secret" in the PRC officially at that time but were also known by the population in the areas concerned. The Chinese Press in Hongkong and Taiwan stated these events more explicitly, and that was especially the case in Hongkong where the refugees from Mainland China kept coming in.
The use of "may have been" vs "must have been" is interesting. Should we assume that Mao allowed his press to report the shortcomings of his ruling?Should we believe that Taiwan/HK press was comparable to Mao's ruling one then and go on thinking that Taiwan/HK media was just more specific then?
Caring originally wrote:
I think you've misunderstood my Great Famine suggestion and I see you're wrong advising us that that was "no secret" then

Forgive my false notion that the Chinese refugees who had left their Mao and married to the free world claimed the secrets then.

Return to Index › Re Dangerous Love

Go to another board -