TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re China still a paradise for flat BROKE foreigners
#1 Parent PhD teacher - 2016-05-14
Re China still a paradise for flat BROKE foreigners

'Ni Jao' or 'Ni Jiao' wasn't a question as such. By that, I mean I wasn't looking for an answer.

Anyone who understands basic Chinese would know that it should be 'Jiao'

You're lucky, a red letter day, you got more than you asked for, can't be bad. Posts evolve. If you wait long enough this thread will evolve into growing mushrooms in the cellar.

As for the jao/Jiao. He may know a lot of Mandarin and just made a tying error. I'm afraid we can all make some outrageous mistakes. I could write 'giao' by mistake, and this time the rule is reversed and there's no such word. I should have said 'gao' which can mean, tall, charge, tell (think of any more?) according to character.

#2 Parent paul fox - 2016-05-13

'Ni Jao' or 'Ni Jiao' wasn't a question as such. By that, I mean I wasn't looking for an answer.

Anyone who understands basic Chinese would know that it should be 'Jiao'

#3 Parent PhD teacher - 2016-05-13

Nijao or Nijiao?

Thinking about it, doing an Arsene Lupin, nijiao(ni Jiao) could have been mistaken for meaning 'your call' which would be a good handle on a forum. As it is though it's short for 'what's your name?' We will wait and see if poster nijao makes a monkey out of all of us. When you think you are right you can still get blown out of the water is my experience in life.

Return to Index › Re China still a paradise for flat BROKE foreigners

Go to another board -