TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › A Red Flag?
#1 Parent paul fox - 2016-05-21
Re A Red Flag?

Definitely a red-flag !

Why would someone offer a job to a person they have never even talked to ?

#2 Parent amused - 2016-05-21
Re A Red Flag?

A university will routinely communicate with you by email if you are outside of China. Skype interviews and phone calls are often not done. I have worked at 5 universities in China and only one gave me a Skype interview and that was because they used one of their FTs to screen candidates.

The university will rely on the Chinese embassy in your country to screen your application, and this year the embassy verifies the authenticity of your degree. Upon arrival in China on your Z visa, the university will more closely observe you and bring you to the immigration authorities who will once again process your documents.

I have only heard of one incident where a University rejected a new FT once he arrived. This sterling U.S. citizen arrived drunk and/or on drugs and fell down the airport escalator and was sent by ambulance to the city hospital. Unfortunately for him, his blood was tested and he was sent back to the land of the free, home of the brave, on the following day's flight to Chicago.

Johnboy - 2016-05-21
A Red Flag?

I sent my application to a state-run university in Inner Mongolia. Two weeks later they sent me a message telling me they want me to work for them. They did not call and did not ask for an interview even though that would be easy to arrange.

Such a situation would likely be very rare in my home country. Is that fairly common in China? Is this a sign there is something wrong?

Return to Index › A Red Flag?

Go to another board -