TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China
#1 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-01
Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China

Communicating with such phrases as "deeching" or
"wumao" with a handful of others on the board uniformly only proves that you
and your brother(s) are taking this site in a real fake direction.

You are right - up to a point. But unless you have worked alongside a 'deecher' then it is not easy to understand what they really are.

I certainly couldn't 'get the picture' from what I read on forums such as this, until I found myself working alongside one, and then everything hit me like some kind of revelation!

The ESL industry has a small percentage of teachers who have a degree in a subject that is related to education, but all of us should have a GENUINE TESOL/TEFL/TESOL (etc) Diploma.

The fact that one can have a degree in origami or ballroom-dancing is immaterial. In that regard, quite frankly I don't give a rat's backside if people have a genuine or fake degree. What I DO care about though, is the fact that people in our industry are essentially 'deeching' with a fake ESL Diploma.

Those people should be totally ashamed of themselves, and in my opinion, they deserve everything they get.

Incidentally, a short time ago a friend of mine showed me a Chinese web-site. For a mere USD$70,000 you can buy yourself a fake pilots license.

Go figure!

#2 Parent caring - 2016-06-01

You are describing something that is a much larger problem in the US than what it is in this field in China. Communicating with such phrases as "deeching" or "wumao" with a handful of others on the board uniformly only proves that you and your brother(s) are taking this site in a real fake direction.

On second thought, the under-qualified foreigners that have long ago been invited to teach in countries around the world, and then they have been scrutinized/disgraced years later there are probably feeling the guns to their heads just as you have described here.

U.S. gun laws are notoriously liberal. If I shoot someone with a gun am I "only guilty because of their poor system"?

In the end, this seems to be about the nation's approach to foreign influences, even though it may not appear that way to some of us here. Chinese powers know that their educational institutions with many academic programs adjusted to the locals' needs should have their own to teach their own. Moreover, they are well aware of the fact that few well educated and experienced scholars/experts will bother the nation which would have them for marketing mostly. But that is for another topic.

#3 Parent JC - 2016-05-31

What's a deecher ?

#4 Parent amused - 2016-05-31

it is sad to see how the government acts against the ones who are only
guilty because of their poor system.

U.S. gun laws are notoriously liberal. If I shoot someone with a gun am I "only guilty because of their poor system"?
Is a FT in China who supplied bogus credentials to the PSB "only guilty because of their poor system"?
Is personal responsibility and moral culpability for FTs a Chinese "wumao" concept?
We'll find out the monitor's opinion if this response is not posted.

#5 Parent caring - 2016-05-30

Since Deng Xiaoping opened to FTs, local employers and their staff have abused the system and perhaps conveniently given little attention to recruiting from foreign lands. Moreover, many of those locals have been inadequately qualified, experienced and knowledgeable. Till this day, there are scores of unqualified Chinese teachers in many schools in the country, so it is sad to see how the government acts against the ones who are only guilty because of their poor system. That said, I am not advocating fake diplomas.

Return to Index › Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China

Go to another board -