TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re wu maomi
#1 Parent Caring - 2016-06-03
Re wu maomi

Your anxious inferences and interferences on the board are an example of how the "ESL works in China". What is "ignorant" here is your partial uttering that keeps on flooding the board. "That exactly proves my point" of who you are, and "it's safe to assume that" too.

Doctor's reply:
The question for the Chinese education system that still leaves much to be desired is how to raise standards and to make it better. The way that ESL works in China as a part of that system has shown that ESL is rather a part of the problem and not its solution. That includes your High School graduates that you believe to be qualified " conversation teachers" of English. Conversation is only a part of a larger picture that you seem to ignore. That exactly proves my point that foreign teachers need befter training themselves before they should be allowed to teach in China. In the future, only-comversation teachers will no longer be in demand as there must be a focus on the other language skills as well. It' safe to assume that Chinese immigration will send your High School kid home or won't hire him at all.
Good!

A message:
In my conclusion, it is hard to tell what kind of qualification is satisfactory for the varieties of opportunities that are offered to FTs either in China or around the world. Whether disgracing unqualified FTs is warranted or not is debatable as much as it is whether such people can help the locals to learn what they want/need to learn

Return to Index › Re wu maomi

Go to another board -