TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China
#1 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-04
Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China

All teachers should have degrees and other legal qualifications, there's no doubt about that.

Why?

Legal qualifications mean TESOL/TEFL/TESL diploma. A degree in ballroom dancing doesn't make for a good teacher!

#2 Parent PhD teacher - 2016-06-04
Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China

I offer my opinion, and if you can't take it, it's your problem, not mine.

Apart from those personal things, China is developing standards, and there is nothing you can do about it. Your High School kid without degree, no teacher training and teaching experience will be sent home, and it serves a purpose: China's, and not yours. You are onl there to have a job that you could secure back home, but it does not mean that you are entitled to getting a job like that right now or in the future if you don't meet the new criteria China has for regular teachers, not deechers.

You seem a bit angry because I am telling the truth.....my pleasure....LOL

All teachers should have degrees and other legal qualifications, there's no doubt about that. That said there's probably a very good case to employ English coaches or teaching assistants that don't need degrees, but this is entirely up to the Chinese to decide. There's a lot of oral language to be learned from unqualified helpers. 'Teacher' with fake degrees should be sent to prison.

Return to Index › Re Foreign deechers with fake diplomas hunted down and arrested in China

Go to another board -