TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › The man with 2 heads..
#1 Parent Average Joe - 2016-06-07
The 2 head syndrome

Oh but it's not restricted to China. The Philippines or any other Asian country you'd think they were hiding from whatever "CIA" organization they have in their home countries. Case in point I was in an immigration office in another Asian country and there was an older man sitting about a meter from me with arms and legs crossed with a constant scowl making a very animated effort to not make eye contact with me. The real reason is the west mentality of "everyone's after my money" or "I don't help anybody f#

paul fox - 2016-06-06
The man with 2 heads..

In my quaint-little-village of around 4 million people, there are few foreigners. The handful who work here usually congregate in the same bar night after night, week after week, trading stories about their latest conquest or where's the best place to buy cheap methamphetamine.

I rarely go there - not because I am unsociable, (quite the opposite in fact), but I have an extremely low boredom threshold. Listening to FT's who used to have 40,000 people working for them back in their home country, or who have a PhD in Time-Travel, becomes very tiresome very quickly.

Therefore the FT's who work in my QLV have no idea who I am unless they are either a colleague or an ex-colleague of mine.

I've just returned from my local supermarket and on the adjacent check-out I saw a westerner. As is usually the case, I nod my head or make some other gesture of acknowledgement, only to be looked at like I have 2 heads. It's not just me either, I have seen the same thing happen when I have been with western friends - you see a foreigner, nod your head and they look at you as if you are an alien from another planet.

Is this behaviour unique to my QLV or do any of you also experience it in the Chinese city you work in?

Return to Index › The man with 2 heads..

Go to another board -