TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re The Craziest Black Market in Russia
#1 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-08
Re The Craziest Black Market in Russia

Some Russians/Ukrainians do tend to teach in China for pennies, and that should not be
tolerated.

Aside from the fact that Moscow is up there in the top 10 list of dirtiest, most polluted cities in the world, it is said that you could have a decent standard of living in Russia on USD$50 per month. If that's the case, then Russian FT's in China, who are working for pennies, must be living like royalty.

#2 Parent John O'Shei - 2016-06-08
Re The Craziest Black Market in Russia

BTW, most Russians and citizens from parts of the former Soviet Union in Central Asia that I personally had met were genuine, highly educated folks, much better educated than the average Sam or Billie from a Western English-speaking nation.

It's kind of true and there's even the possibility that many a Russian may have a better knowledge of classic books written in the English language than most native speakers (even the well educated ones); despite their oral English being far from perfect. It's probably a cultural thing, although I'm sure that young people are catching up, moving into the 21st century and watching all those stupid rap music videos just like Western people do.

Besides, the Russians that you will meet outside of Russia tend to be the smarter ones; the redneck equivalents tend not to travel so far.

In other words, with reference to your post, I feel that you eventually try to create some resentments against this group of FTs on here because you may see them as competitors who might take a job that you might want. I really hope that I am wrong in this.

Some Russians/Ukrainians do tend to teach in China for pennies, and that should not be tolerated. There's some very capable teachers, but they should demand a decent wage for themselves and resist exploitation.

Return to Index › Re The Craziest Black Market in Russia

Go to another board -