TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › This Cannot Be Serious?
#1 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-12
Re credentializing news

Haha!

Dream-on......

#2 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-12
Re American Female FT Haters

Drunk??? Drunk, Sir???

I'll have you know that it takes more than just TWO bottles of wine to get me drunk on a Saturday night, lol.

I was a little 'happy' perhaps, but that all went pear-shaped after I read the post written by 'Amused'. After that, I certainly wasn't. Lol

#3 Parent amused - 2016-06-12
Re credentializing news

And what calibre is that?

Small-bore.

#4 Parent John O'Shei - 2016-06-11
Re American Female FT Haters

Although you sounded drunk when you wrote that, it was hilarious and there was a lot of truth in it.

There's a lot of self-righteous young, wet behind the ear, foreign twats out here in China that trick themselves into believing that they are somehow saving the Chinese people from themselves, their communist government and most importantly, heterosexual white males.

#5 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-11
Re This Cannot Be Serious?

Dear Moderator

[edited]

#6 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-11
American Female FT Haters

The problem with [edited] is the fact that she is American. What does she do? Well firstly she can't spell English words correctly, (colour, flavour etc), and she can't even pronounce 'Aluminium' correctly. (It's Al oo Minn Yum [edited], not Al OO Min Um)

What can she and her buddies offer the rest of the western world? Well there's Hilly-Willy-Hater Clinton; Monny-Wonny-sucky-sucky - who is so useless that she gets 'baby-juice' all down her dress, and of course, perhaps the biggest organised terrorist group in the world.

Add to that the huge number of under 15-year-old mothers and the fact that her country brought us french-fries, fat people, and type 2 diabetes!

What does this have to do with ESL? Absolutely nothing!

The fact that she hates sexism, racism, as well as Donald Trump, makes her a mission-orientated bigot whose group affiliation includes giving them a cover-up for hating non-American FT's.

People such as [edited] have no recognition of a student's personal ability. Instead they prefer to adopt the attitude that whatever grade a student is in, they should have the average ability of all students in that grade. Then they go that one-step-further and categorise teachers according their ability to teach such a class, full of students with various abilities.

Perish the thought that a certain teacher may have a class full of students who would literally walk on broken-glass in their bare-feet if he/she asked them to.
How dare that teacher spend one-on-one time with students who have a lower ability?

No....you MUST teach from the text-book! And if students cannot understand Orwellian 'Politics and the English Language', then they only have themselves to blame!

These same people have been in China for many years. They have had multiple jobs in multiple schools and training establishments. They then wear that pathetic 'accolade' like it is some kind of badge. The truth is, the only reason that these drive-by teachers have had multiple jobs is because they cannot hold down ONE job in a school for more than one semester. They then have the audacity to look upon those of us who have been teaching in the same school for several years as being some kind of failure.

So to [edited] I say this. Keep on throwing your insults [edited]. Real teachers like me, (who operate in the real-world, outside of the text book, and who earn the respect of their students), will always fare better than the teachers who prefer to teach the rules of grammar as being the most important facet of the ever-changing English language.

Oh, by the way - it's spelled CALIBRE - not CALIBER! [edited]

#7 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-11

[edited]

#8 Parent John O'Shei - 2016-06-11

It is explained quite well elsewhere:

No it's not. It's a fake news website but do have fun checking out their 'breaking news' around the world: "Prague Family Insist On Observing Son Make Love For The First Time", "Japanese Lottery Winner Quits Job by Defecating on Boss’s Desk", and "Singapore announces bold plan to send astronauts back to moon".

There's probably a lot of pathetic little Chinese boys out there that would wish such a law was true though.

#9 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-11
Re credentializing news

Other FTs of your caliber might find this interesting

And what calibre is that?

#10 Parent amused - 2016-06-11

The scary thing I
have to contend with though, is what on earth do you do with your time apart from
drinking 3.5 yuan bottles of fine Chinese beer in the woods. I am getting bored and have
only been here less than a fortnight.

Paul Fox will be happy to give you further heartfelt pointers.
Your nonsensical narcissism and his numbskull naivete make for a charming folie à deux.

#11 Parent amused - 2016-06-11
credentializing news

Thanks for the valuable information.
Other FTs of your caliber might find this interesting -
http://www.theonion.com/graphic/arizona-high-schools-to-now-teach-spanish-entirely-17730

#12 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-06-11

http://www.eastasiatribune.com/north-asia/china-bans-interracial-marriages-for-females-no-plans-to-restrict-men/

What's happening to all these girl babies then?? Are they eating them or something? It seems to me that the government are not being sexist as such but merely trying to deal with the enormous problem of too many boys surviving to adulthood without any chances of getting wives. I suppose the likes of myself and 'Westerner Pensioner Power' doesn't help. I'm only 61 but I do have two pensions to draw on, and I will have another one when I qualify for the state pension. How on earth can many Chinese boys compete with me?

Having said that, whilst not being rich I do find, even with a wife, that I will be better off financially living in China, as long as i get my residence permit. The scary thing I have to contend with though, is what on earth do you do with your time apart from drinking 3.5 yuan bottles of fine Chinese beer in the woods. I am getting bored and have only been here less than a fortnight. I suppose once I have rented a flat I can get some interests going. I'm not a teacher so I won't be able to get a job. Any ideas, or do I just drink more beer? I did perk up today a bit, I noticed that the supermarket sells genuine frozen cod steaks. I figure that I can knock up some batter, and I have already made some nice chips here. So that's fish and chips to-go.

We keep changing our minds, so tomorrow morning early we will head for the big city PSB.

#13 Parent GuangzhouWorldaScam - 2016-06-11
Return to Index › This Cannot Be Serious?

Go to another board -