TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › a little proper perspective please - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent John - 2006-08-05
Beware! Danger! - Teachers Discussion

Hardly had your posting been made and there was Frank, showing you what tolerance he has with views that merely seem to be different from his own.

The tone of his response is quite out of order and I urge that you merely stick to what you said and don't try to explain it. Once you do that, you play unwittingly into the hands of Frank and those who think like him.

They aren't interested in listening to what you have to say, only in stopping you from saying it.

John

#2 Parent John - 2006-08-04
Earthling - Teachers Discussion

Hi there, Frank

I thought Earthling's sentiments were well timed and well put. I certainly have not taken offence at him but I'm not at all surprised that you have. It's just another example of how intolerant you are of views that don't accord with yours.

John

#3 Parent Frank - 2006-08-04
Your "proper perspective"... - Teachers Discussion

Since, as you say, some of us seem to be in love with their own words, just like those who talk too much are in love with their own voice! Id like to know a couple of things, Earthling You state: My major goal every day is to extend the length of time my students think in English. "THINK in English"??? How does one measure this daunting task and wondrous achievement?

You continue I would like to share my methods with others Excuse me, but does that not also imply that perhaps you too are a bit in love with your own words??? And may I also assume that when you do, your sharing will be devoid of any mindless prattle?

Please educate me in the many ways of your amazing methods.

The Earthling - 2006-08-03
a little proper perspective please - Teachers Discussion

I have been working and living in China since 1989, mostly in a formal teaching situation. I have taught English and other courses at four public and private Universities, several private training centers, and countless corporate and individual classes all over China. Reading these pages is like reading a newspaper, most of what you read is about the bad. I want to hear more from those of you out there who have good things to say about teaching ESL in China, sorta balance things out a little. My major goal every day is to extend the length of time my students think in English. I would like to share my methods with others and in return learn theirs. Maybe if we open a thread like this it will squeeze out those who want to dominate these pages with their mindless prattle, since they seem to be "in love with their own words", just like those who talk too much are in love with their own voice! Let's talk about teaching ESL, the name of this forum.

Return to Index › a little proper perspective please - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -