TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re For Those Who Love To Criticise..
#1 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-06-17
Re For Those Who Love To Criticise..

that academic Theology is NOT as "fairy-tale-oriented" as you might think

I think I know where you're coming from. Years ago, five or ten, a fellow Bishop of yours made a shock announcement that the story of the Nativity shouldn't be believed. I can't remember who he was, something like the Bishop of York? In fact I have found something:-

Profile: The one true Bishop of Durham: Dr David Jenkins, retiring scourge of sacred cows http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/profile-the-one-true-bishop-of-durham-dr-david-jenkins-retiring-scourge-of-sacred-cows-1392030.html

As I read it that Bishop comes from a new breed of Academic Christian that doesn't actually believe anything beyond the academic theology of it all which because it's been around so long it becomes a sort of fact in its own right and becomes sort of History-of-man-orientated. You seem to be that sort of non-believing Christian cleric.? I have noticed if you don't mind me saying that you're a bit more progressive than babe-in-the-manger type silly Christians in your beliefs that it's all right if the beijing blacklist lops the odd head off of evil training centre owner, if that is justifiable retribution that is.

Return to Index › Re For Those Who Love To Criticise..

Go to another board -