TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re: Trump's money box
#1 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-06-23
Re: Trump's money box

Makes perfect sense to me

We have had our laptop fixed, and one of the first things my wife announced and makes sense to her is you can trust Trump because he has blond hair. The same is true of Boris Johnson she says. If he says Britain should leave the EU we should do so. The Chinese are very keen on Boris since he turned up at the Olympics.

Just had a row here. The Dad wanted to buy into our flat and have his name put on the contract. i said I will accept his money as a token of friendship but he can't have his name on any deeds. Reminding them that I have blond hair too seemed to smooth things over. Blond hairs should take over the world.

#2 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-23

Makes perfect sense to me. Why pay with after-tax dollars when you can use pre-tax dollars instead?

He's doing nothing illegal............

#3 Parent Curious - 2016-06-22

And here is another article, New York Times, more specific: "Donald Trump’s Self-Funding Includes Payments to Family and His Companies"

"According to documents submitted to the Federal Election Commission, Mr. Trump, whose campaign has just $1.3 million cash on hand, paid at least $1.1 million to his businesses and family members in May for expenses associated with events and travel costs.

The spending raised eyebrows among campaign finance experts and some of Mr. Trump’s critics who have questioned whether the presumptive Republican nominee, who points to his business acumen as a case for his candidacy, is trying to do what he has suggested he would in 2000 when he mulled making an independent run: “It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.

In May, the biggest-ticket item was Mr. Trump’s use of the Mar-a-Lago Club, his Florida resort, which was paid $423,000. The campaign paid $350,000 to TAG Air for his private airplanes, $125,000 to Trump Restaurants and more than $170,000 to Trump Tower, the Manhattan skyscraper that houses the campaign’s headquarters.

And Mr. Trump, who has said he will not take a salary if he is elected president, paid himself $3,085 in May.

[....] Mr. Trump did not appear to be violating any campaign finance laws, but that he could face more scrutiny over the use of his businesses for campaign purposes now that he is more explicitly asking supporters to donate money to the campaign. "

#4 Parent Curious - 2016-06-22

Just found the link below on CNN that summarizes what I read in other publications yesterday.
Enjoy!!!

#5 Parent Curious - 2016-06-22

Turnoi: you might enjoy this: I read yesterday that around 2000, Trump said that if he was running for president, he would be the first ever US president to make a profit from his campaign.

And this month, while he is asking money from the public, his campaign is reimbursing him for the personal loans that he made to his campaign in May. The small people might go for it, but the big savvy donors are very afraid that their money will be directly used to reimburse Trump personally, for the loans he gave his campaign, i.e. he is using the model that he was talking about in 2000: He charges himself (yep) for campaign space in his buildings, the use of his private plane for campaigning, he sells to himself his brand of bottled water (Trump Water) and "Make America Great Again" basebal caps distributed to the public at campaign events, etc, then he turns around, he aggregates all these expenses and he turns them into a loan from himself to his campaign that he will reimburse to himself when money from donors is sent to his campaign.

We have to admit: A shit like that is HUGE.

Return to Index › Re: Trump's money box

Go to another board -