TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Brexit
#1 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-24
Re: Brexit

What next? Grexit I suppose?

The EU is falling apart - watch out for the following events......

Departugal is likely to be followed by Italeave, Fruckoff and Czechout. If this happens then next will be Oustria, Finish and Slovlong and then Latervia and Byegium. The EU will then reach a state of Germlonely.

:D

#2 Parent Curious - 2016-06-23
Re: Brexit

I would tend to support your theory because living on islands has a lot of impacts in the long term. Read interesting article (link below) last week that people living thousands of years on small islands in Indonesia became smaller and smaller. Some of the theories: a) When there is shortage of food, it's easier to feed a small body than a big body, b) there were no large predators to stay big for. All that to say that if living on an island can have such an impact on the size of the body, it can have an impact on the size/extent/scope of the culture too :o)

amused - 2016-06-23
Brexit

On the eve of Britain's petulant parade to the polls, I would like to propose a theory that nation-states that inhabit islands are uniformly afflicted with an inbred cultural mania.

England, Japan, Ireland, Australia (a continent, please: I think not) a plethora of Caribbean countries... the mechanism behind this ancient curse of sea isolation is elusive, but it marks these island's inhabitants to this day.

Perhaps only in Madagascar, where dead relatives are feted on Famadihana, is the 'Island-genetic malady' embraced, celebrated and acknowledged.

In truth, the dusty dead have never excused themselves from the dining halls of England's palaces, Parliament and public schools.

Return to Index › Brexit

Go to another board -