TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Mission almost accomplished.....LOL
#1 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-06-24
Re Mission almost accomplished.....LOL

In just the same way as a finalised fairy-tale marriage was.....erm..... Grimm !

Ha ha.

Funny that poster, out of the blue apropos of nothing he bungs me an hand-grenade, and pisses off. All I said was that 'we must be careful of inverse snobbery.' The person i sent that bit of wisdom to was Turnoi and he didn't seem to get upset.

#2 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-24

In just the same way as a finalised fairy-tale marriage was.....erm..... Grimm !

#3 Parent paul fox - 2016-06-24

Your gullible readers deserve better.

Gullibility is relative to perception. After all, a fatal-dose can also be perceived as a lifetime-supply.....

#4 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-06-24

Creating a babbling persona, no matter how charming, does not entitle you to editorialize in situ. To do so both destroys the narrative integrity of your character and forfeits your readers' suspension of disbelief.

Imagine Swift speaking directly about politics while Gulliver traveled.

Many reinforcing works have to be done in-situ. Take your common door lintel cast in-situ. It's done that way to protect integrity, rather than bringing the house down on ourselves- Gulliver would have pissed himself if that had occurred, don't you think?

#5 Parent amused - 2016-06-24

Creating a babbling persona, no matter how charming, does not entitle you to editorialize in situ. To do so both destroys the narrative integrity of your character and forfeits your readers' suspension of disbelief.

Imagine Swift speaking directly about politics while Gulliver traveled.

#6 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-06-24

The voters have decided, and Britain will leave the EU.

I wonder whether old boy Cameron will now get into his Bentley and meet with HM the Queen halfway in her Rolls Royce on the road to Buckingham Palace to complain about this obvious majority decision....LOL

We have to be very careful of inverse snobbery, eg, the council estate person who looks down on the bloke on the hill with his Rolls.

Actually I saw him on BBC 1 streaming and he was very much the gentleman and tried to be very fair. No bitterness at all. He accepted that the will of the people must be done.

Return to Index › Re Mission almost accomplished.....LOL

Go to another board -