TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Face of the new FT in China
#1 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-07-05
Re Face of the new FT in China

[edited]

Pissed off with China myself. They said I couldnt sign a form at the housing because I couldn't understand Chinese. So they sent my wife off with estate agent people to translate which they did using an Internet translator. I couldn't understand any of the resulting English but added my signature and fingerprints anyway.

#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-07-04

Blah, blah, blah, we all know the true reason for hiring huaren is because they will work for
cheaper and unpaid OT or accept that their salary is being delayed for months, good
slaves.

Exactly! Not only that, but they tend to spread malicious gossip targeting their western colleagues to elevate their own status in the eyes of their employers! Also they will too readily accept sub-standard accommodation and curfews, unlike their western colleagues! And they will visit local TCs to seek second teaching jobs. The bad news for them in this respect is that the TCs almost always reject them because of their Chinese facial features.

Worth adding that employment contracts offered by schools run by huaren, or schools with huaren DOSs, tend to offer unreasonable contracts of employment that insist you attend school functions such as Xmas parties, New Year parties and srts days, as well as that you refrain from becoming romantically involved with any of your Chinese co-workers.

Mainland Chinese employers, especially those in the state education sector, usually offer superior employment packages to Chinese employers linked or run by huaren.

BEWARE HUAREN IN CHINA!

#3 Parent Hahaha - 2016-07-04

Blah, blah, blah, we all know the true reason for hiring huaren is because they will work for cheaper and unpaid OT or accept that their salary is being delayed for months, good slaves.

amused - 2016-06-30
Face of the new FT in China

Deans of two Chinese universities have told me that the new 'Foreign Teacher' that they choose to recruit is a Chinese citizen who has studied and worked in the U.S. or Australia or England. Years in the West have honed their oral English ability (in the opinion of the Chinese academics) and they are already imbued with Chinese culture and values. The decline of the Western economies and the inflamed Western intolerance towards immigrants motivates these 华侨 to head home. Most universities in China have had enough of drunken, licentious, marginally literate FTs. Social media has educated parents about the incompetence and antics of these Western misfits. A White Face in China is no longer a teaching credential.

Return to Index › Face of the new FT in China

Go to another board -