TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › 'Amused' Misinformation!
#1 Parent amused - 2016-07-09
Re 'Amused' Misinformation!

An apostilled University degree from England that is 3 years in duration IS accepted.

Former FT in China - 2016-07-08
'Amused' Misinformation!

Re recruiter ruse (amused)
If you do not have an apostilled 4 year degree from one of the approved English speaking countries, EFL certification from an
approved school or two years work experience and a valid Z visa in hand...........

Wrong, a 3 year degree from a UK university will suffice.

Whether people from all over the world come to China or not to teach does not concern me. I'm in China with an RP of the non-working variety. I ain't working, so I'm above board, as it were. I ain't seeking employment.

All I will say re recruiters and agents is they shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush. Of course, some will be dishonest. Due diligence should be exercised by each jobseeker. There are also dishonest direct-hire educational establishments in China, as well as dishonest recruiters and agents.

We all know that rule of law in China hasn't been a given. How is it you can state with total certainty that things have changed in this respect? You do not represent the Chinese government.

Wrong, a 3 year degree from a UK university will suffice.

Yep, amused misinforms and then disappears into the ether. Given Brexit and the difficulty of recent graduates from UK universities to obtain gainful employment in the present economic climate back home, I am appalled by that poster's arrogance to post misinformation that could prevent those graduates from Blighty with ordinary degrees (3 YEARS) as opposed to honours degrees (4 YEARS) from helping out China EFL, and then lie low!

Graduates from British universities with ordinary degrees in the fields of science, maths and computing can obtain high school teaching jobs easily. However, those with such degrees in the arts and humanities fields won't be able to do so. And those arts faculty graduates who wish to teach are ideal material for teaching EFL in China.

I reckon about 30% of UK university graduates each year have ordinary degrees!

Return to Index › 'Amused' Misinformation!

Go to another board -