TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re the new French
#1 Parent Paul Fox - 2016-08-09
Re the new French

Husbandry = archaic meaning of 'to care for a household'
Househusband = you! (obvious opposite to 'housewife')

Husbandry = modern definition of 'the act of raising plants or animals for food'

Therefore, if you are a 'househusband', you could be described as being engaged in 'house-husbandry' - although the word/phrase itself is not in the dictionary!

Househusbandry (a word?)

#2 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-08-09
Re the new French

Might be good if we could pinpoint the areas where the PSB is likely to be lenient on illegal teaching and were it won't.

Househusbandry (a word?) Easier inBlighty where a Tesco steak pie and a handful of cherry toms will suit her nicely. She doesn't find Chinese food delivered by me to be acceptable- if food tastes off she expects the Chinese to give itto her and then she will eat with relish-strange. In fact I am ill today and called for mother-in-law to make her way from village. No doubt bearing really disgusting and flyvreinforced grub, so thats good.

#3 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-08-08
Re the new French

Yes i knew a bloke who worked illegally and was found out by PSB. He was told to sod off back to his the province he was registered in and told not to return. As far as i know he is still in China and maybe working illegally again.

I don't think such a bloke will be so leniently dealt with these days if he is found out. Quite the opposite, I'd expect him to be in serious trouble!

No time for me to work illegally the wife started her job today and we two started the day with breakfast. i may knock up some fried rice and eggs for her lunch.

Not a bad thing to be a house husband - I'd expect you to get used to it fairly quickly.

#4 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-08-08
Re the new French

Yes i knew a bloke who worked illegally and was found out by PSB. He was told to sod off back to his the province he was registered in and told not to return. As far as i know he is still in China and maybe working illegally again.

No time for me to work illegally the wife started her job today and we two started the day with breakfast. i may knock up some fried rice and eggs for her lunch.

#5 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-08-08
Re the new French

The people from the UK, that have recently taught at our summer camp, were all on a tourist visa. Although qualified teachers, none of them had basic TEFL either. Makes one wonder what may have happened if there had been a visit from the PSB?

Indeed!

The way I see it is that ignorance of the law is not accepted as a valid excuse. So, those qualified teachers were in a vulnerable situation. The same is true of any foreigner paid by a Chinese employer for teaching lacking a relevant work-related residence permit that does not pertain to the workplace's location.

The problem is a heavy fine and mandatory banishment, probably of 3 years' duration, and possibly a lifetime ban re future employment in China is too big a price to pay for teaching illegally.

#6 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-08-08
Re the new French

A FT from my Chinese city was recently deported for working on a spousal visa. First time she got warned and fined, second time she got 48 hours to leave China! Not worth the risk !

Indeed.

She was fortunate not to be deported the first time she was found out teaching illegally. Some of the other PSBs in China would apply the law to its full extent the first time. No warning and no second chance!

#7 Parent Paul Fox - 2016-08-08
Re the new French

You should not imply that it's ok to teach on an F visa. You never know whether your
implication will be believed by some happy-go-lucky foreigners. And as a result they
might end up in HOT WATER!

The people from the UK, that have recently taught at our summer camp, were all on a tourist visa. Although qualified teachers, none of them had basic TEFL either. Makes one wonder what may have happened if there had been a visit from the PSB?

#8 Parent Paul Fox - 2016-08-08
Re the new French

A FT from my Chinese city was recently deported for working on a spousal visa. First time she got warned and fined, second time she got 48 hours to leave China! Not worth the risk !

#9 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-08-07
Re the new French

I disagree; there are levels of risk. You'd have to be a bit thick to work on a spousal visa, whereas an F visa offers fairly low risk-it can be ckaimed you are giving lectures, and if it has been renewed in the country, well a nod from the police is as good as a wink.

The f visa would cover you nicely to work in the region issued, whereas if your RP is ussued in Beijing and you go swanning off to Costa Del South China to teach, well, that is risky! Don' tske away others' opportunities because you know of somebody who has really been foolhardy, like the man from Beijing. Life has some risks.p

#10 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-08-07
Re the new French

You decided to home in on a typing error! Have you nothing to say about that f-visa post?

I feel I have upset you for something else? Now come come, what do you say about teaching on
F visas?

I say it's foolhardy to teach illegally in China these days, as you and I know very well. Why foolhardy? Coz of the severe penalties that those illegally employed FTs will be subject to, if found out.

You should not imply that it's ok to teach on an F visa. You never know whether your implication will be believed by some happy-go-lucky foreigners. And as a result they might end up in HOT WATER!

#11 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-08-07
Re the new French

You decided to home in on a typing error! Have you nothing to say about that f-visa post?

I feel I have upset you for something else? Now come come, what do you say about teaching on F visas?

#12 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-08-07
Re the new French

Ideally the standard of English teaching in China would rise if all degree-holders and rag-tag compliments of NENS were disqualified from being FTs and replaced across the board by competant English native speakers.

Compliments should be complements, competant should be competent.

You are taking the mickey, or else you are a 'deecher'! I think you are the former.

I note you have posted about FTs teaching on 3-month F visas as being a viable alternative to legal teaching.

I also note you've been promoting Yuming of Tianjin, a disreputable agent!

Are you 'Tianjindave', perchance?

#13 Parent Odd Bob Job - 2016-08-07
Re the new French

In the event of notorised degrees becoming a requirement in China it will only mean a shortage of native English teachers and China will be flooded with Russians and Africans who will be happy to pay to have their degrees notarised. I don't know it might be better to leave the squalid teaching profession in China to fake English teachers. Native English teachers with degrees should use their degrees for more important careers than long two year or longer holidays in China.

Ideally the standard of English teaching in China would rise if all degree-holders and rag-tag compliments of NENS were disqualified from being FTs and replaced across the board by competant English native speakers.

Return to Index › Re the new French

Go to another board -