TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › THE PARK LANGUAGE GROUP, HONG KONG *Link*
#1 Parent Sucker - 2008-08-29
Re: PARK LANGUAGE AKA 'Q Language Ltd'

I didn't look for work with Stuart. A mutual friend put us together because he needed urgent help (now I know why he had no teachers). Our mutual friend warned him not to rip me off. Ha ha, that worked. I got the first month's pay but not the second. He also changed how much I was being paid retroactively.

The company has changed its name for the third time in the time i have had the misfortune to know Stuart. It is now called 'Q Language Ltd'
http://www.qlanguage.com.hk/eng/index.php

STAY AWAY FROM:
Q Language Ltd
14/F Wing On Cheong Building
5 Wing Lok Street,
Central,
Hong Kong Tel: (852) 2540 0552
Fax: (852) 2540 9529

info@qlanguage.com.hk
Web: www.qlanguage.com.hk

#2 Parent Jayboy - 2005-02-20
PARK LANGUAGE

Stuart Barrett is behind Park. If you wind up the company, what's to stop him opening up another school in a different name?

#3 Parent Nel - 2005-02-16
Park Language

You need to contact the Labour Department in Hong Kong. They will advise you.

Basically, you need to get an Order from the Labour Tribunal and then submit a claim to the Government's Insolvency Protection of Wages Fund. You can only be paid from this fund if the company is in the process of winding up.

You should also contact MPF to find out what options are available to you there.

#4 Parent Jayboy - 2005-02-16
Park Language

This guy is an absolute cowboy.

I am owed salary and have learnt that the MPF he deducted from my salary, has never been paid into the my pension fund.

You mention winding up. What are the consequences of this for those of us who are owed pay?

#5 Parent another unpaid - 2005-02-15
Park Language

And I am yet another of the poor suckers who actually was gullible enough to think that he would pay, given time. And what a time he has had, fabricating lies and excuses. He should take up creative writing, bound to be an award winning bestseller

nell - 2005-02-15
THE PARK LANGUAGE GROUP, HONG KONG *Link*

A word or warning to anyone considering working for The Park Language Group in Hong Kong or to paying students

Teachers working for this company have not been paid their salary. This includes both summer school (2004) teachers recruited on temporary contracts and permanent staff. Staff have resigned on mass and pursued their claims through the courts. Many have already obtained Court judgments against the company and its director Stuart Barrett. These judgments remain unpaid and consequently winding up proceedings against the company are imminent.

In addition, the company has numerous convictions for improper management of staff's MPF (pension contributions).

Return to Index › THE PARK LANGUAGE GROUP, HONG KONG *Link*

Go to another board -