TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re So bad, you can smell it.......
#1 Parent Paul Fox - 2016-08-24
Re So bad, you can smell it.......

I am a qualified tradie ! I should have said that even qualified tradies cannot get a job in the Aussie mining industry unless they either have mining experience or a mate to get them in.

As for being aware that Australia is the most expensive countries in the world, I lived there for 15 years (until 2 years ago), or haven't you read my previous postings here ?

#2 Parent San Migs - 2016-08-23
Re So bad, you can smell it.......

I told him you need to have a trade qualification and experience to get such jobs and to have any hope of obtaining a work visa. His literature degree is of no use at all in that case.

WTF was he thinking, lol. I have a lit degree and it is useless for getting into Aus. Does he even know of the points system or that Aus requires engineers, nurses, and tradesmen as you rightly say. It's no longer a case of white and english speaking from UK/Canada=automatic job and good life in Aus. Does he also realize Aus is very expensive (watching a programme where one uk family found their weekly groceries shop would cost more if they moved to Aus!), as a lot of things are imported, and that after 40 banks in the UK will not give him a mortgage in the UK either? Is he married to a chinese as well....?

Return to Index › Re So bad, you can smell it.......

Go to another board -