TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re So bad, you can smell it.......
#1 Parent San Migs - 2016-08-26
Re So bad, you can smell it.......

That place must be up there with mexico city, colombia, Johannesburg, and moscow in terms of murder rate.

#2 Parent Paul Fox - 2016-08-26

Agree. He said it'll look good on resume lol. What good is a resume when it's attached to a death certificate?
According to wiki, in 2014 there were just short of 6000 homicides. He also said that the pay is extremely low. I reckon he needs to up his meds lol.

#3 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-08-25

Turnoi, I'd sooner stick pins in my eyes and chop off my penis with a rusty nail than teach
full time in a training centre.

When I said I don't care where I teach, I meant in which country.

I'm sure every native English speaker knew what you meant in that relevant previous post of yours. That said, it's worth mentioning it's probable that Turnoi wasn't the only non-native English speaker who had misinterpreted its meaning!

#4 Parent San Migs - 2016-08-25

I admire his resolve because it's the murder capital of the world, but he said he'd rather go there than succumb to the Chinese bullshit...

Christ on a bicycle!!! I heard Mexico was pretty bad too. While I support anyone who leaves China, that does seem a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire, at least to me.

#5 Parent Paul Fox - 2016-08-25

Turnoi, I'd sooner stick pins in my eyes and chop off my penis with a rusty nail than teach full time in a training centre.

When I said I don't care where I teach, I meant in which country.

A good friend and ex-colleague of mine, (who has more degrees than a thermometer), has left China rather than pay heaps for degree verification. He's gone to Honduras of all places. I admire his resolve because it's the murder capital of the world, but he said he'd rather go there than succumb to the Chinese bullshit...

Return to Index › Re So bad, you can smell it.......

Go to another board -