TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re re: leaving again..
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-09-11
Re re: leaving again..

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, SB. That is indeed a stupid law!
As for USD$2500 a month, that's a bloody joke in my opinion!

When you consider that the average FT salary in China is around RMB10 000 ($1500 approx) per month, and Thailand pays less than USD$1000 per month, you have to ask yourself if the possibility of earning USD$2500 per month in a developing country such as Cambodia is even possible.

As for being banned from marrying a Cambodian woman, that's almost laughable, but you're correct insofar as the message it's sending out to Cambodian women. Guess Cambo's off 'the list' then eh?

I'm not as frequent a visitor as you are to Thailand, nor have I never been to Pattaya, but I have a good mate in Patong who owns a small bar. I've been there dozens of times and he's been there for about 8 years on a 'retirement visa'. He also confirmed that the bombings have had a dramatic effect on tourism, but that's what the bombs were designed to do, right?

When you stop to consider the percentage of GDP that the tourism industry generates for Thailand, the fact that the Thai government are doing their usual 'nothing', speaks volumes in my opinion. Thai people want our holiday dollars, but they don't want US !

Thailand is going to take years to recover from what it's doing to itself. Once their tiny brains begin to realise the damage, it'll be too late.
At least that's how I see it.

Return to Index › Re re: leaving again..

Go to another board -