TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › It's Started !
#1 Parent Amused - 2016-09-13
Re It's Started !

Chinese English teachers routinely teach 'literature' as a component in their reading and integrated English courses on the university level.

I suspect that IF the Chinese teacher is talented and IF the texts are well chosen that a PERCENTAGE of the better qualified English major students will benefit from the experience.

These are significant caveats. Adding a dancing FT to the equation likely ensures that successful results are nil.

#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-09-13
Re It's Started !

It seems that the current lack of available FT's in China has already taken effect on salary.

If you are Montessori trained, you can get the job of principal for the tiny salary of RMB1million per year! (sadly, it's only for 10 months of the year so only equates to RMB100,000 per month - I guess you couldn't afford to go out for dinner EVERY night!!!!!!!!!!! Lol)

An Australian-based school is offering RMB25K per month, (for 12 months a year), for the equivalent of AP English teachers.

My boss is now sh*tting himself because I have just sent him my recently-achieved, (and verified), Masters Degree in English Literature, and he seems to think I'll either ask for a pay-rise or move schools.

Jeez........why are we here? There's a lot of truth in the 'barnacles'..............

Foxy, I think you're entitled to ask your present employer for a substantial pay rise. Now you have more options in China's FT job market due to your Master's in English Lit, you can apply for more lucrative vacancies at international schools/colleges if your employer refuses to play fair!

#3 Parent Foxy - 2016-09-13
Re It's Started !

I dare to say that this subject is impossible to really teach
and that it is only an advertisement for ulterior motives in most mainland holes.

Depends on the approach. It's not impossible, but it's certainly difficult even when the subject is approached from outside the traditional NES way of teaching. Students with a lower to medium level of English find it particularly difficult.

#4 Parent caring - 2016-09-07
Re It's Started !

For a FT, teaching literature to Chinese students takes much more than just the qualification/experience. I dare to say that this subject is impossible to really teach and that it is only an advertisement for ulterior motives in most mainland holes. But my daring is worth little as there are much more qualified and experienced posters than caring on this very board.

Foxy - 2016-09-07
It's Started !

It seems that the current lack of available FT's in China has already taken effect on salary.

If you are Montessori trained, you can get the job of principal for the tiny salary of RMB1million per year! (sadly, it's only for 10 months of the year so only equates to RMB100,000 per month - I guess you couldn't afford to go out for dinner EVERY night!!!!!!!!!!! Lol)

An Australian-based school is offering RMB25K per month, (for 12 months a year), for the equivalent of AP English teachers.

My boss is now sh*tting himself because I have just sent him my recently-achieved, (and verified), Masters Degree in English Literature, and he seems to think I'll either ask for a pay-rise or move schools.

Jeez........why are we here? There's a lot of truth in the 'barnacles'..............

Return to Index › It's Started !

Go to another board -