TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Provinces that don't require a 4 year degree?
#1 Parent Juanisaac - 2016-09-28
Re Provinces that don't require a 4 year degree?

It is not very complicated? It took me two hours and 35 yuan to get a criminal background check in China. The only drawback was that it was written in Chinese. The Chinese will look at you funny because mostly Chinese people get them.

#2 Parent Foxy - 2016-09-25

FT, thank you for your kind words. Probably just an 'off-day' (we all get 'em, lol). Truth is, my life here in China ain't so bad and I earn a 'good-quid' compared to many FT's I know. A lot can change between now and when my contract expires, so nothing's set in stone!

#3 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-09-25

The ONLY reason that I am still in China is because I signed a 2-year contract with my school. Once that contract expires, I'm out!

Foxy, I'm sure you are hard-working and talented as an FT. I'm sorry that you have decided to exit China at the end of your present contract. That will not be a good thing for China. Another teaching vacancy that requires filling!

I read somewhere that FTs departing China for EFL posts in other countries may need clean criminal background checks from China. Obtaining them is said to be very hard, if not impossible!

#4 Parent Foxy - 2016-09-24

I'm not 'flaunting' anything, nor do I consider myself a 'high flyer' as you put it. The ONLY reason that I am still in China is because I signed a 2-year contract with my school. Once that contract expires, I'm out!

Return to Index › Re Provinces that don't require a 4 year degree?

Go to another board -