TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › 300% of hourly rate in holiday
#1 Parent caring - 2016-09-30
Re 300% of hourly rate in holiday

Chinese laws/regulations/rules are truly worth nothing, when locals don't respect them. Chinese holidays are just an opportunity for powers to either abuse the weak or make money of them.

My words:Some of them get the first weekend and then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off but have to work from
Thursday all the way to almost middle of October which takes plenty out of them having to be in office/classroom/etc. for 9 continuous days.

Foxy's reply:Yes, they're called 'make-up days' and are ridiculous. How can a holiday be referred to as a 'holiday' if you have to work weekends in order to make-up the time you had off for the holiday?

Although the weekends, which are mandated to work as make-up for holidays, are troublesome, they are not the main issue in my post above. The law breaking requests for Thursday and Friday back to work are the point as they are the 6th and 7th day to make the whole week off. Given that people have to work on Saturday and Sunday (not this but next week), those two mandated working days (Thursday and Friday next week) are a clear violation of the 3 Day National Holiday. 5 days off followed by 9 working days is an insult people have to accept or complain which often results in repercussions, sometimes in dismissals later.
#2 Parent Foxy - 2016-09-29

Your sexy posts on the board may not be worth the 300% too.

I never said I was.

Some of them
get the first weekend and then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off but have to work from
Thursday all the way to almost middle of October which takes plenty out of them having
to be in office/classroom/etc. for 9 continuous days.

Yes, they're called 'make-up days' and are ridiculous. How can a holiday be referred to as a 'holiday' if you have to work weekends in order to make-up the time you had off for the holiday?

Anyhow, people in China are abused a lot as laws are only an "advertisement".

Yes they are, and always have been !

My attitude is perhaps a little different. This is a Chinese holiday and has no significance for me as a Westerner.
In contrast, Christmas is a Western holiday that holds no significance for the Chinese.
Therefore, I would demand at least 300% for working Christmas, but to me, this coming holiday could just be a regular working day.

#3 Parent caring - 2016-09-29

Your sexy posts on the board may not be worth the 300% too. Even though the OP does not project himself/herself as a pro, assuming the topic is about China s/he is bringing in the great issue of laws that are mostly suggestions in the country. The National Day, which is a 3-day holiday, puts many in situations where they are abused. Some of them get the first weekend and then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off but have to work from Thursday all the way to almost middle of October which takes plenty out of them having to be in office/classroom/etc. for 9 continuous days. Anyhow, people in China are abused a lot as laws are only an "advertisement". Abusing forums is another thing though.

#4 Parent Foxy - 2016-09-28

The only teachers likely to be paid that kind of money are those teachers who are worth it.
Using an exclamation mark at the end of a question clearly shows that you're not one of them.

labor law - 2016-09-28
300% of hourly rate in holiday

Has any teacher been paid 300% of hourly or base rate for working during a national holiday!

Return to Index › 300% of hourly rate in holiday

Go to another board -