TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Are there any real posters on the board?
#1 Parent caring - 2016-10-08
Re Are there any real posters on the board?

This wasn't meant to be bait for fish but hope for friends who'd offer their stories. I guess that's not what those forums are about.

#2 Parent Foxy - 2016-10-08

I was kinda hoping that at least ONE of your replies to Amused would have been NO!

If you are teaching English and/or are a NES, then you should really pay more attention to your writing on this board if you don't want to face criticism from people such as Amused or Turnoi. We've all faced it at one time or another, the only poster who seems to be exempt is Taffy.
His writing is pretty crappy most of the time, but he has a knack of demonstrating his weird Welsh personality that seems to let him off the proverbial 'hook'.

#3 Parent amused - 2016-10-08

However I thank you for sharing your interest on real posters, I am insulted by your
deliberately poor follow-up which you have shown many times on eslteachersboard before.

I find your writing to be interesting. It is not poorly written, as per Sliverboy. It is not calculatedly flawed as any one of many Odd BJ's characters. And it does not have the occasional errors that occur in educated individuals where English is a second language, as with Turnoi.
It is constructed with grammatically complex 'chunks' that are patched together awkwardly. It reminds me of Chinese students who are writing their graduate thesis with a hot pot of sentences clipped from Baidu.

I suspect that you are either Chinese educated overseas or Eastern European.

I don't know why you would find that observation offensive or your nationality worthy of obfuscation.

#4 Parent caring - 2016-10-08

However I thank you for sharing your interest on real posters, I am insulted by your deliberately poor follow-up which you have shown many times on eslteachersboard before. This time without offering anything about yourself except the further "curiosity" about the original poster, you hope to accomplish your common goal that's to humilate unwanted posters and/or derail uncomfortable topics. I wish moderators noticed the attempts to promote this site to a helpful tool as well as to identify real vs phony participants which would most likely elevate this board over the eslcafe rat infested forums.

#5 Parent amused - 2016-10-08

Thank you for sharing information about yourself.
Allow me to express my curiosity:
Do you teach English?
Is English your native language?

caring - 2016-10-08
Are there any real posters on the board?

I am real. I live in Hunan. I am a father. My wife is a Chinese national. I have come to the board to share my experiences, views and debate topics of my interest, although I have been unpleasantly suggested to purchase a scooter when I firstly posted about some unscrupulous cabs. That and my further participation on eslteachersboard indicated that there're plenty of phonies around. With all those fakes here, I yet am hopeful that there're some true souls on this site to spice up my life, perhaps lives of other readers on as well as to demonstrate the board isn't just for mentaly handicapped multiple posters. Anyhow, heads up to the powers of this place that'll hopefully get the message through and answers within the thread.

Over and Out
Caring

Return to Index › Are there any real posters on the board?

Go to another board -