TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › please look at my life
#1 Parent caring - 2016-10-11
Re please look at my life

Real teachers do not contribute to this forum. One real ex-teacher, Turnoi, is generous with his time.
Teachers don't bother this site for obvious reasons and you are one of them; your soul mate is the other one.

A few 'Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages' contribute, including myself. Foxy also comes to mind. Many, like Cunning Linguist and Martin Hainan, have abandoned the forum. But even we 'ESL teachers' are not real teachers.
You've demonstrated on the board that you're not only the "Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages" but also [edited] of the eslteachersboard. Your flunky "mind" that suggests "many have abandoned" you is the cause of dull discussions and lack of teachers contributing here. Bringing all teachers to the site and uniting the language rather than isolating them ought to be the scope. Teachers around the world teach a lot more than your messy "mind" may be able to take and English is a truly international language that you can't sell with such a poor attitude as you have. By the way, not only your buddies and/or multiple personalities are the ones who have chosen not to post here again.

Most of the posters on this site now are remnants of FTs past, crazy Uncles and backpackers who can longer teach legally in China. They inhabit pink rooms in Thailand or lurk in Wanda Malls in the glass cubicles of Wall Street English, ready to bolt if immigration police arrive.
That's who you want the users to be.

As a non-teacher and non-native speaker who writes wounded English, your participation is no more inappropriate than the nonsensical ravings and inane musings of these simpletons.
You can anal yze me or insinuate who I am, since this seems the right site for it. I support all nice people who want to learn and debate. Who do you sponsor?

Have at it.
Welcome.
Yes! :)
#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-12
Re Teaching English in China

I posted a comment here back in August after I finished working at a high school summer camp.

There were 4 'real teachers' from the UK and 3 ESL teachers. None of the 4 'real teachers' had done any kind of TESOL/TEFL/TESL course and as such, were completely out of their depth in an ESL classroom.

So first thing every morning, there we all were, drinking coffee before class with 3 ESL teachers giving advice to 4 'real teachers' about how to do their job efficiently.

What you say is true. When I first taught in China, public college students, btw, after having been a practising high school maths teacher in the UK, I found that I had thrown myself in at the deep end as I had no TEFL experience/training. Nor had I any suitably qualified/experienced FT colleagues to advise me. I modified my teaching methods according to what went down well with my students. My teaching reference from that college after 2 years of teaching there was at least adequate.Of the 24 public teacher-training colleges I had applied to by snail mail, I had 11 job offers at the age of 45. BTW, my teaching reference was in Chinese, not in English.

Personally, I enjoy teaching ESL because I often find it rewarding. As for teaching NES in a mainstream Western school, I'm not interested in the slightest.

Besides, I probably wouldn't last a week due to the PC bullshit that is so prevalent these days.

Absolutely!

#3 Parent Foxy - 2016-10-11

But even we 'ESL teachers' are not real teachers.

Although that fact is technically true, there is a strange irony in that statement.

In case you missed it, I posted a comment here back in August after I finished working at a high school summer camp.

There were 4 'real teachers' from the UK and 3 ESL teachers. None of the 4 'real teachers' had done any kind of TESOL/TEFL/TESL course and as such, were completely out of their depth in an ESL classroom.

So first thing every morning, there we all were, drinking coffee before class with 3 ESL teachers giving advice to 4 'real teachers' about how to do their job efficiently.

Personally, I enjoy teaching ESL because I often find it rewarding. As for teaching NES in a mainstream Western school, I'm not interested in the slightest.

Besides, I probably wouldn't last a week due to the PC bullshit that is so prevalent these days.

#4 Parent amused - 2016-10-11

I thought that some posters may be the real teachers who wish to share their experiences/views with tact or not.

Real teachers do not contribute to this forum. One real ex-teacher, Turnoi, is generous with his time.

A few 'Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages' contribute, including myself. Foxy also comes to mind. Many, like Cunning Linguist and Martin Hainan, have abandoned the forum. But even we 'ESL teachers' are not real teachers.

Most of the posters on this site now are remnants of FTs past, crazy Uncles and backpackers who can longer teach legally in China. They inhabit pink rooms in Thailand or lurk in Wanda Malls in the glass cubicles of Wall Street English, ready to bolt if immigration police arrive.

As a non-teacher and non-native speaker who writes wounded English, your participation is no more inappropriate than the nonsensical ravings and inane musings of these simpletons.

Have at it.
Welcome.

#5 Parent caring - 2016-10-11

Your life are beautiful but you is ugly.

Why would I post a picture of myself when I am criticizing individuals with a flawed belief system obsessing about themselves? Duh.
To shov your fagly face

I know that you meant 'wear' not 'were', but 'dioptric' as an adjective cannot be directly modified by adverbs of degree in this manner. Lenses are either dioptric or not. Just as individuals are either native speakers or they are not.
If you know my balls are big then why do you point to them so much? Just as I thought that some posters may be the real teachers who wish to share their experiences/views with tact or not.

Looking at your life I can see how pleasing it probably is.

#6 Parent Foxy - 2016-10-10

Your words apply to every FaceBook user on the planet.

#7 Parent amused - 2016-10-10

I think you're a much older fart than that one, although I believe that you were some pretty
dioptric glasses.

Why would I post a picture of myself when I am criticizing individuals with a flawed belief system obsessing about themselves? Duh.

I know that you meant 'wear' not 'were', but 'dioptric' as an adjective cannot be directly modified by adverbs of degree in this manner. Lenses are either dioptric or not. Just as individuals are either native speakers or they are not.

#8 Parent Caring - 2016-10-10

I think you're a much older fart than that one, although I believe that you were some pretty dioptric glasses.

amused - 2016-10-10
please look at my life

The desire to parade the mundane details of one's life online is not as tragic as the rabid faith that there are individuals, faceless pseudonymous apparitions, who actually care.

Return to Index › please look at my life

Go to another board -