TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Changchun/ "Casun School"/ Don't Do It! - Teachers Discussion
#1 Parent lee - 2006-09-14
Heyyy...Who is the original??...Copied posting or just same person??? - Teachers Discussion

HEYYYYY....WHAT'S THIS...COPIED POSTING?????...OR SAME PERSON???

Ready to Work in Beijing, Guangzhou or Hunnan? - English job offered

Posted By: Mac Alloy English Training Center <macalloy1@yahoo.com>
Date: 31 August 2006

ARE YOU A COMPETENT TEACHER, DO YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO TEACHER REGARDLESS OF YOUR SKIN COLOUR HERE IS A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR BOTH BLACKS AND WHITE FOLKS WHO ARE WILLING TO TEACH IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CITIES IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES THEN DO YOU HAVE THE QUALIFICATION? A COLLEGE DEGREE AND FLUENCY IN ENGLISH. MANY COUNTRIES REQUIRE LANGUAGE TEACHERS TO HAVE TEFL OR ESL CERTIFICATION; HOWEVER, CHINA DOES NOT CONSIDER THIS REQUIREMENTS. BUT ALL THE SAME IT IS A WISE IDEA TO GET CERTIFIED BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR SEARCH HERE.

Mac Alloy HAS 12 MONTHS FULL TIME POSITIONS FOR THOSE THAT ARE COMPETENT STARTED FROM SEPT. 1 AND THE CENTERS ARE LOCATED IN BEIJING, GUANGZHOU AND HUNNA

WE ARE OFFERING YOU BELOW BENEFITS:

1. RMB 7,000per calendar month;
2. Maximum workload of 25 teaching hours per week;
3. Additional hours paid at the rate of CNY 100.00+ per hour;
4. Ability to have remuneration converted to foreign currency;
5. At least one day off per week;
6. Issuance of Chinese work permit and visa;
7. 4 weeks paid vacation(for 12-month full time only)plus legal holidays;
8. Round-trip airfare reimbursed after successful completion of contract (for12-month contract only);
9. Fully furnished, conveniently located apartment provided at no cost;
If you are interested in joining our team of teachers, please send your resume and a letter of intention to macalloy1@yahoo.com

Posted By: Jane Maxwell Education Agent <janemaxwelleducation@yahoo.com>
Date: 11 September 2006

ARE YOU A COMPETENT TEACHER, DO YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO TEACHER REGARDLESS OF YOUR SKIN COLOUR HERE IS A NEW OPPORTUNITY FOR BOTH BLACKS AND WHITE FOLKS WHO ARE WILLING TO TEACH IN ANY OF THE ABOVE CITIES IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES THEN DO YOU HAVE THE QUALIFICATION? A COLLEGE DEGREE AND FLUENCY IN ENGLISH. MANY COUNTRIES REQUIRE LANGUAGE TEACHERS TO HAVE TEFL OR ESL CERTIFICATION; HOWEVER, CHINA DOES NOT CONSIDER THIS REQUIREMENTS. BUT ALL THE SAME IT IS A WISE IDEA TO GET CERTIFIED BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR SEARCH HERE.

Jane Maxwell HAS 12 and 6 MONTHS FULL TIME POSITIONS RESPECTIVELY FOR THOSE THAT ARE COMPETENT STARTED FROM OCTOBER 2006. THIS IS A NEW SCHOOL LOCATED IN GUANGZHOU AND SHANGHAI, CHINA

WE ARE OFFERING YOU BELOW BENEFITS:

1. RMB 8,000per calendar month;
2. Maximum workload of 25 teaching hours per week;
3. Additional hours paid at the rate of CNY 100.00+ per hour;
4. Ability to have remuneration converted to foreign currency;
5. At least one day off per week;
6. Issuance of Chinese work permit and visa;
7. 4 weeks paid vacation(for 12-month full time only)plus legal holidays;
8. Round-trip airfare reimbursed after successful completion of contract (for12-month contract only);
9. Fully furnished, conveniently located apartment provided at no cost;
If you are interested in joining our team of teachers, please send your resume and a letter of intention to janemaxwelleducation@yahoo.com

#2 Parent Simon Whitaker - 2006-09-13
correcting - Teachers Discussion

Hi I'm Simon Whitaker and my name is Simon Zhang from simon's language club I know that person his cousin cheated me when I worked for him.
We are two totally different companies I can get email addresses from other foreign teachers to prove this. You can even call me on +86 13944106898 I have nothing to do with that lowlife in Changchun

#3 Parent Frank - 2006-08-03
The "Simon" in question... - Teachers Discussion

Jeff,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a warning and document your brief and troubling experience with "Casun School" in Changchun.

I am particularly interested in the owner "Simon" that you mentioned. If you visit another recent thread entitled "Changchun: English Job Posted" originated by KJ on July 23, there is also a discussion regarding the highly-questionable job posting in Changchun by someone calling himself "Simon Whitaker." It seemly quite likely these two Changchun "Simon"s are one and the same, yes?

KJ and I found his job ad to be unbelievable in more ways than one, and "mj" also offered some additional information about this place.

Twice in the past two days, he has posted the exact same job ad again.

Here's the opening section of the ad:

Changchun Jilin - English job offered

Posted By: Da Qiao Foreign Language School <simon.whitaker@teachinternational.com>
Date: 2 August 2006

"Hey there I'm Simon I'm currently working for Daqiao foreign language school in Jilin province northeastern China. Firstly let me explain. Daqiao is the biggest privately owned foreign language school in North-eastern China the school has over 50 branch schools spread through out small villages, regional centres and the biggest city Changchun (the capital of Jilin province). We even have recently opened up a new school in Shijiazhuang capital city of Hebei province approximately 3 hours from Beijing. Let me tell you two things we are not an agency we are a school so we won't be "pimping" you out to elementary, middle or high schools in the city you will only work for Daqiao I've been a foreign teacher for the school nearly a year and a half I have never had one complaint about the school except you will work weekends as we are a private training school that's the downside to working for Daqiao for that there is a positive we will pay one of the highest salaries in the city for teaching children. You will only be working in Changchun unless you request to work in the small villages (they're pretty fun enables you to get a glimpse of real country China. We want teachers who are active and who love to teach kids they can be little terrors at times but kids are kids."

He goes on from there... Again, thanks for adding your first-hand experience with "Simon" to the previous discussion. Perhaps your testimony will save a few people from a potentially troublesome trap.

If you feel I have made a mistake, that the "Simon" you referred to and "Simon Whitaker" are not the same guy, please correct me.

Thanks again for your thoughtful warning.

Best wishes,

Frank

Jeff W. - 2006-07-30
Changchun/ "Casun School"/ Don't Do It! - Teachers Discussion

"Casun School" is on the 9th floor of a Hotel in Changchun.

Though its a "school" the office or "school" is rarely open. After my arrival to Changchun- they kept putting off meeting with me to get my "free flat" and to start working.

The biggest "red flag" was when I asked to meet a Native English speaking teacher. No teacher in sight. I was put off again and again. Then a couple from Canada passed through the office- they said they had been here 1 month and had not started working yet.

I felt fortunate that I decided not to sign the contract and signed with another school.. As I spoke to fellow expats in town they told me "Casun School" changes its name on a regular basis. Its owner's name is "Simon" and I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.

Jeff Walsh

Return to Index › Changchun/ "Casun School"/ Don't Do It! - Teachers Discussion

Go to another board -