TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re maybe going home to the west could mean death
#1 Parent San Migs - 2016-10-17
Re maybe going home to the west could mean death

I can probably find you a shitty neighbourhood in any country, big deal, zzzz...

Don't shoot the messenger, take it up with the OP who started it, not me, respectfully. Thank you.

#2 Parent John O' Shei - 2016-10-16

I can probably find you a shitty neighbourhood in any country, big deal, zzzz...

Eventually hipsters might move in gentrify that area with cereal cafes, bacon doughnuts and a pub that serves craft beer. You've probably never heard of it.

#3 Parent caring - 2016-10-16

Everyone may truly have an opinion. The facts are hard to go through when the world is so big. The population/crime ratio amongst naitons counts, in my opinion :)

#4 Parent San Migs - 2016-10-15

Well as an american "buddy" once told me, and in american spelling, ass-holes are like opinions, everybody has one.

Just because the streets are quieter does not mean they are any safer. Don't let that facade fool you. Like everything in China, there is smoke and mirrors. There have been a lot of stabbings recently in Shenzhen. I personally saw a guy get attacked with a piece of broken copper pipe in Shenzhen, lots of people hurriedly walked by with their none of my business face, others stopped still too scared to move, in that case, I don't blame anyone for trying to get involved, the two guys who were doing the attacking did not look like two guys who could be reasoned with. There is crime and a underbelly, the streets may well be quieter, does not mean that it is not there though, the sewers flow through chinese cities too.

#5 Parent caring - 2016-10-15

I beg to differ. Out of such a large population, Chinese streets are quieter than the ones of many western nations. The biggest noise makers are the construction/farmers vehicles and development projects but criminals, knowing the punishment may be a bullet to their head, are often silent with their deals.

...being a foreigner with a chinese wife, I would be more a fraid of male chinese with jealousy/mental problems brandishing meat cleavers or chinese swords.
Sorry to have taken only this part out of your context.
#6 Parent San Migs - 2016-10-14

Think this China-UK stuff is all getting a bit out of hand. Why you may ask? There are loose dogs and nutters in both countries. I did read about and see this one on the news today, reminded me of being near a certain posters neck of the woods so to speak, hahahahaha

I was in Shenzhen when the mental patient grabbed one of those fearsome looking meat cleavers, went on a rampage,and killed 4 people I think it was, and injured many more. In the US or Spain, the cops would have just blasted him if he could not be talked round, the local cops got a stick and a negotiator which only seemed to make said nutter even more irate. Not saying you are wrong, but applying your logic, and being a foreigner with a chinese wife, I would be more a fraid of male chinese with jealousy/mental problems brandishing meat cleavers or chinese swords.

Return to Index › Re maybe going home to the west could mean death

Go to another board -