TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Asian Americans Cry "This Is 2016"
#1 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-17
Re Asian Americans Cry "This Is 2016"

To be fair to Turnoi, he did tell me upfront that the book had not been proof-read and that it may contain a few errors, but I did not expect it to be as abysmal as it actually is. However, what riles me is when I see Turnoi endorsing such shabby workmanship and then coming on here with immeasurable audacity and criticising other people's typing errors and misplaced commas.

Turnoi has no way to pull the wool over the eyes of educated westerners. His posts will be analysed in depth by informed readers. Actually, I think it's funny what he's doing. It doesn't rile me at all! He's only embarrassing himself in public while wasting his time typing mainly nonsense.

I think if he can get a sensible wife, he'll be also able to get a balanced life. She'll nip his unhealthy desire to post superfluously on forums in the bud. Worth marrying the right woman again, even for an old man like him!

#2 Parent Foxy - 2016-10-17
Re Asian Americans Cry "This Is 2016"

Certainly not and neither is Turnoi. My message is this- when push comes to shove Turnoi is a
senior poster.

Let me be blunt. Turnoi is a senior poster as you rightly said. However, a very short time ago Turnoi made available, for download, one of his Chinese dictionaries. I was one of the people who privately contacted Turnoi to request a password in order to download this publication.

Whilst I am sincerely grateful to Turnoi, the said publication has more spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and hideous punctuation that should be expected from such an example of works that have been publicly endorsed by someone with Turnoi's linguistic ability.

In short, a third-rate training-centre 'deecher' could have done a better job with the English contained in that 'book'.

To be fair to Turnoi, he did tell me upfront that the book had not been proof-read and that it may contain a few errors, but I did not expect it to be as abysmal as it actually is. However, what riles me is when I see Turnoi endorsing such shabby workmanship and then coming on here with immeasurable audacity and criticising other people's typing errors and misplaced commas.

Return to Index › Re Asian Americans Cry "This Is 2016"

Go to another board -