TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Meat Curries available in Chinese Restaurants in the PLC?
#1 Parent Davyhulme - 2016-10-20
Re Meat Curries available in Chinese Restaurants in the PLC?

Sorry to add, to wit, I was rumbled as Eddie by Taffy, not by you. You have quite rightly identified DH as San Migs though. Back for beer and lamb after halloween.

#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-20

Bit surprised it has took off in China though.

I typed that statement, as a general comment,.......

Well, I ate Jaalinuro, also called Kaalinuro = curried beef for the first time in China at a Muslim restaurant of medium size in Hohhot not far from the People's Square back in the day (summer 1997). Surprisingly, that eatery did not have curried chicken on the menu!

I wouldn't have thought curried dishes have taken off in China, as I have previously stated!

#3 Parent Finboga Finbogasson - 2016-10-20

You should know that in the old days Willie Woodbine jumped with his wooden leg into the sea, then drowned and died.

His sockpuppet master awoke him again and allowed him to resurrect under another sock puppet identity as The Trader and other weird nicks used on here.

We are now waiting to see the day when Willie Hillybilly Woodenleg will reappear and claim he is God himself.....Haha

How many sockpuppets have you got going?
Is Woodbine Willy due to be ressurrected anytime soon? Or English Gibson?
#4 Parent Davyhulme - 2016-10-20

Corr you've gorn and rumbled me again, first Eddie the pole, and now the Sewage Cleaner.

Tut tut tut eh taffy, I am going to have no handles left at this point....shall have to come back as San Migs himself after Halloween or Samhain if you are Irish/Scots.

I do like the sizzling lamb though, or the lamb chops those muslim places used to do, not every place would have them though. Try the lamb sticks but on a metal skewer/sword instead of the bamboo, quite unnerving, but very delicious, much more so than on the bamboo skewers.

See you all after Samhain :b

#5 Parent Davyhulme - 2016-10-20

I never said curry has taken off in China!

And I did NOT mean to imply or say that you had. I typed that statement, as a general comment, and not directed at you. Bit surprised (myself) it has taken off in China. In Japan, their own curries are what they like. Have been keeping tabs on andreading the whole thread, thank you. Anyway, as I said DH has been rumbled, back after Samhain...

#6 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-20

Odds on the DaveyHulme poster is San Migs!

For anyone interested in Chinese food, I have posted a photo of ironboard (sizzling) lamb!

#7 Parent Finboga Finbogasdottir - 2016-10-20

Jumpin' Jiminy!

How many sockpuppets have you got going?

Is Woodbine Willy due to be ressurrected anytime soon? Or English Gibson?

#8 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-20

I had always thought curry was some Anglo-Indian creation, perhaps more Indian than Anglo. Bit surprised it has took off in China though.

I never said curry has taken off in China! Where did you get that from? You can get it at some Muslim restaurants, but not at very many of them!

You'd better re-read the whole thread!

#9 Parent Davyhulme - 2016-10-20

I had always thought curry was some Anglo-Indian creation, perhaps more Indian than Anglo. Bit surprised it has took off in China though. thanks for the welcome back, taffy.

Return to Index › Re Meat Curries available in Chinese Restaurants in the PLC?

Go to another board -