TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re cost of living
#1 Parent caring - 2016-10-23
Re cost of living

Most local products are of a poor quality, priced unfairly and advertised falsely. Gillette razors that I have had a share of trouble with aren't any different. Shaving is tough for me not only for the razor blades in China but also for a lot of hard facial hair that I have. Few locals can relate to my complaints on this topic, since most of the men have facial hair similar to my 11 year old son.

#2 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-23
Re cost of living

To begin with, my wife was gonna buy a cutthroat razor and a leather strap to keep it sharp. However, I could have ended up having my throat cut before she had gotten the hang of using it! Fortunately, I managed to talk her out of it.

Re her hairdressing skills. Not bad, and she made me look like a monk about 15 years ago. Not bad in China as monks are respected here. A bowl on my head turned upside down let her cut my hair to reflect that unique style. That was before, when I had lots of hair! But now my hair has a parting, and I'm thin on top!

#3 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-23
Re cost of living

Taffy, RMB7 for a packet of 'classic' Gillette razor blades, is a joke. They are most definitely copies!

I remember a few years ago when I was in Australia, me and a friend imported a bootload of them from China and knocked them out at $10 a pop on tinterweb. It wasn't long before we started being threatened by the Gillette company. They knew that they HAD to be fakes, because if they were genuine, we would be losing money at $10 a packet.

Chinese razor blades are awful. Every time I use one I end up with bits of rolled up tissue stuck all over my dial. In fact, 'Sam-the-Slasher' couldn't do a better job, lol.

About 18 months ago, I bought one of those 3-headed electric shavers for RMB50, and have used it every day since.

I'm just looking at the Chinese Gillette blade packet. Light blue, says Gillette Blue Blades. a DRAWING OF A MOUSTACHED MAN WITH A SERIOUS FACE. Not fake, but there are, so beware. Fake one is painful to use first time coz it pulls at your stubble.

Chinese blades needn't be as sharp as western blades coz Chinese males are less hairy than westerners!

20 years ago, a packet of Rhino blades cost 4 RMB FOR 5. GILLETTE THE SAME PRICE,OR 1 RMB DEARER.

Actually, 7 RMB these days ain't bad!

#4 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-23
Re cost of living

Correction,

SUPER Gillette BLUE BLADES

#5 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-23
Re cost of living

Rhino razor blades.

#6 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-10-23
Re cost of living

Gillette razor blades.

#7 Parent Foxy - 2016-10-22
Re cost of living

Taffy, RMB7 for a packet of 'classic' Gillette razor blades, is a joke. They are most definitely copies!

I remember a few years ago when I was in Australia, me and a friend imported a bootload of them from China and knocked them out at $10 a pop on tinterweb. It wasn't long before we started being threatened by the Gillette company. They knew that they HAD to be fakes, because if they were genuine, we would be losing money at $10 a packet.

Chinese razor blades are awful. Every time I use one I end up with bits of rolled up tissue stuck all over my dial. In fact, 'Sam-the-Slasher' couldn't do a better job, lol.

About 18 months ago, I bought one of those 3-headed electric shavers for RMB50, and have used it every day since.

Return to Index › Re cost of living

Go to another board -