TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Hohhot Electricity Cost
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-10-31
Re Hohhot Electricity Cost

Spoken with true 'grit', Bloddy.

It doesn't matter in which country we live, life is what we make it. I've met many people who would complain about living in the Bahamas after they'd lived there for a year or two!

I'm with you on this. I think many people use China as a 'scapegoat' simply due to the fact that something, (or someone), 'happened' to them. I lived in an idyllic spot in Aus for a lot of years, yet I could write a list of things to complain about. I'm sure we could both write a list of things about Blighty that we may find 'ugly'.

Like many others, I'm not here by 'design', I'm here by 'default'. I don't consider myself to be a 'loser' or a 'failure' either. I choose to consider my time in China as being nothing other than: 'A cultural experience that also provides me the opportunity to potentially improve the future of certain people, (mainly students), who are interested in improving their own lives, (as opposed to playing on their mobile phone all day).

Call me 'soft', call me 'stupid', call me anything you like, but that's my chosen outlook, (at least for the time that I'm here), but as for considering the possibility staying here 'forever'.....probably not!

Unlike those who are married with kids, I'm happy that my proverbial 'options' are 'open'.

Just saying.

Return to Index › Re Hohhot Electricity Cost

Go to another board -