TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Expats in China, what lessons do they take away?
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-01
Re Expats in China, what lessons do they take away?

I suppose poorer Western men from high status families can give older Asian women some
prestige by marrying them. In SE-Asia a Western boyfriend or husband is still a status
symbol in many places.

Many Western men earn big bucks but like to take risks, many lose. Another thing with Asian
gals is bragging rights: "You can only attract another Asian, I can attract a
foreigner".

The white man still reigns supreme on mother Earth, lol!

If we are to believe what we are told, then a certain Chinese girl/woman from Shenzhen has duped her 20 western boyfriends into buying her an Apple I-phone 7. She then (allegedly) sold them all in order to raise around 115,000 Yuan so she could afford the deposit for a house.

She has been called everything from a 'whore' to being 'resourceful'. Her father is apparently a 'migrant worker', and her mother is a simple housewife.

Whether it's true or not is a matter of conjecture, but if you asked me if it's believeable then I would have to say Yes!

Western men are stupid! Chinese women know how to manipulate them to their own advantage. Do you blame her? I don't!

I don't agree with your stereotype with regard to Chinese women, though I certainly agree that one needs to be EXTRA careful!

There's good and bad in all walks-of-life. Just because someone is Chinese does not make them inherrently a 'bad person'.

Chinese may be ultra-conservative when it comes to the subject of sex, but Thai women are at the other end of the scale.

They are equally as bad when it comes down to money and material wealth, but are far more dishonest than Chinese women if it comes down to judging them as a society.

Personally, I'd take a Chinese woman over a Thai woman any day!

That said, Vietnamese women seem to be a cross between the two, and though I don't know much about them, right now I'd be prepared to take a Vietnamese woman rather than a Chinese or a Thai.

Return to Index › Re Expats in China, what lessons do they take away?

Go to another board -