TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re Expats in China, what lessons do they take away?
#1 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-03
Re Expats in China, what lessons do they take away?

My experience has been that anything that can even be misinterpreted as anti-gay is not
posted.

I wouldn't know about that so I can't comment.

But misogyny and racism... not a problem.

I can't say that I have seen what I would call blatant 'misogyny' or 'racist' comments on this board. Sure, I've seen plenty of comments that blast Chinese women for being materialistic spoiled little 'princesses', but that in itself is not 'misogyny'.

Racist, anti-gay, misogynistic remarks should not be posted anyway. No-one has control over their gender, their sexuality, the colour of their skin; no one CHOOSES to be born girl/boy into a rich/poor black/white family; no one CHOOSES to be born homosexual etc, but, like everyone, they DO have control over their behaviour!

#2 Parent jake - 2016-11-03

Yes: and not even: [edited].
My experience has been that anything that can even be misinterpreted as anti-gay is not posted.
Apparently that's a 'sore point' for the moderators.
But misogyny and racism... not a problem.

#3 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-03

Agree. I sometimes wonder why I spend so much time writing something that never gets published. The moderator's rules are clear enough, so when these rules are adhered to, yet the comment doesn't get posted, one has to wonder why.

#4 Parent jake - 2016-11-03

Several of my posts have had the same fate.
Strange paranoid place here.
Sorry if I've got the wrong idea, but you guys can freely talk about being male models, how much you hate women, Thailand travel, your Moms, and you're always giving each other shopping and cooking tips...
[edited]

#5 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-02

You'll have to think of
something diabolical and get it past the mods.

I posted a rather sarcastic comment a few days ago. Not attacking anyone, not being 'personal' to anyone, but just really, really sarcastic. It never appeared. Not even in an 'edited' form.

Return to Index › Re Expats in China, what lessons do they take away?

Go to another board -