TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
Return to Index › Re protecting your own
#1 Parent Former FT in China - 2016-11-03
Re protecting your own

The negative comments on this site are about Chinese Women.
The posters that have Chinese wives and even children seem to be okay with it. The moderators are okay with it.
But you all get upset about negative comments about gay men if they manage to slip past the moderator.
I understand pDog [edited]
But you and Taffy and FFTC?
Go figure.

The rule:

Those posters who come across as China bashers while residing outwith the PRC are the ones making negative comments about Chinese women. I think what they are doing reflects very badly on themselves.

What's more, their vitriol won't cause their fellow readers to take up their derogatory views about Chinese women as the readers of this forum can't be easily swayed in this respect. This is a board for teachers, after all!

Taffy is the only China basher in China at present, as far as I know. However, as he has married a Chinese, he is the exception to the rule. He's quick to praise his Chinese wife whenever the likes of Pigdog and San Migs malign Chinese women.

#2 Parent jake - 2016-11-03
Re protecting your own

Making derogatory remarks about gay people is completely unfair and cannot be compared to
making derogatory remarks about Western women!

The negative comments on this site are about Chinese Women.
The posters that have Chinese wives and even children seem to be okay with it. The moderators are okay with it.
But you all get upset about negative comments about gay men if they manage to slip past the moderator.
I understand pDog [edited]
But you and Taffy and FFTC?
Go figure.

#3 Parent Foxy - 2016-11-03
Re protecting your own

I think people making derogatory remarks about gays is pretty childish. I mean, they can't
help being gay. They will like what they like.
Just like how some heterosexual white men only like Asian women. We can't be attracted to
something we are not attracted to.

Agree totally. However, there is a big difference in the two subjects. Firstly, many western men choose Asian women due to a previously bad experience that they've had with Western women. Therefore to them, all Western women are categorised in the same way. We can't say the same about gay people because most of us haven't had that same experience.

Making derogatory remarks about gay people is completely unfair and cannot be compared to making derogatory remarks about Western women!

Those of us who choose an Asian woman over a Western woman do so because of experience. None of us can choose to be heterosexual due to a bad experience we've encountered in a same-sex relationship.

If you're gay, you're gay. If you are heterosexual then you are heterosexual - end of! I wonder how many gays or lesbians would also choose an Asian person as their next partner?

For heaven's sake....live and let live! As long as they are doing you no harm, leave them alone. They have as much right to live a happy life as any of us.

Return to Index › Re protecting your own

Go to another board -